Chapter 1

//First Year in College//

Just open the door, Soo Yun. If you keep standing outside like this, people will think you're a creepy stalker. I pouted at my own thoughts and just continued arguing with myself until the door suddenly opened, capturing all of my attention and making me look up to meet a kind-looking girl. Her pretty hazel eyes glittered as the light in the room reflected across them. She wore a light blue tank top which she paired with grey sweatpants. As the chilly breeze from the room's air conditioning brushed past my body, I wondered how the girl's bare shoulders weren't freezing off. 

Though we'd both been startled because of the unexpected circumstance, her shocked state didn't even last for a second, for she immediately greeted me and flashed a welcoming grin.

"Oh? Oh! Hello! My name is Lee Chan Mi! I'm guessing you're my roommate?," before I could even reply, the light brunette in front of me softly tugged on my wrist, leading me inside the well decorated room.

I looked around in awe. Dreamy fairy lights adorned the walls, and mini succulents hung from the ceiling in glass terrariums while Peace Lilies and ZZ plants stood next to each of our nightstands. Her decor was minimal and simplistic but also attractive and elegant, which fortunately matched my taste. "Wow, I love what you did to the dorm! Oh, I almost forgot to introduce myself." I smiled softly, "My name is Ji Soo Yun."

"That's a cute name! I'm glad you like it. I have some leftover lights that you could use if you want. " Chan Mi said eagerly to which I immediately nodded and thanked her.

There was an awkward silence that followed afterwards. However, Chan Mi was quick to voice her thoughts, "Do you mind me helping you unpack? Sorry, I arrived at campus two days ago and finished furnishing yesterday, so I'm pretty bored right now." She smiled at me sheepishly.

I gratefully accepted her offer and we went to work straight away after we brought all of my bags and boxes inside. Unpacking and rearranging the dorm room occupied our entire day, but throughout the unloading process, we got to know more about each other. Just like I had hoped for, we became wonderful friends, and she promised to show me around the campus tomorrow.

-

My digital clock read 11:24, and I arrived here, in Seoul, at around 9 a.m. I got accepted to the private college, Korea University, and am currently majoring in Business Administration and Management. After graduating, I plan to take over my dad's position as CEO of his company once he retires, that is if he even chooses me. Of course I told my parents about my plan, just the other day in fact, during our last dinner together until break. He warned me about something I wouldn't have ever thought about: a competitor. A competitor! Bad move, Dad, bad move. The moment he informed me about having to prove myself worthy for the job against other opponents, my extreme ambitious side kicked in. I mean, it's not like I wasn't already determined to be appointed the high position, but just the mere mention of an adversary makes me even more sedulous.

I snapped out of my thoughts as soon as I heard Chan Mi call for me.

-

To be honest, Chan Mi was a bit surprised when Soo Yun allowed a literal stranger to help her out. Gosh, she trusts people very easily, Chan Mi thought. But she was glad her new roommate agreed; spending time with Soo Yun was a much better idea than walking around the campus alone or just texting friends that were having fun without her. Soo Yun seemed like an innocent little girl, based on how many stuffed animals she brought to uni. Her long, ebony hair almost reached the middle of her petite height of 5'2, and her youthful face would make anyone think she was merely 16. However, she had the wisdom of someone twice her age and knew when to be serious at the appropriate times. Soo Yun also unintentionally showed off her observational skills when she asked Chan Mi how long she'd been dancing for out of the blue. It turned out Soo Yun observed the way the light brunette moved and noticed how she always stood in first position in ballet. Chan Mi couldn't believe she wasn't majoring in crime and law to become a detective.