010

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

chapter tenolivia prescott

chapter ten
olivia prescott

sooner or later, the last bell of the day rang and my piano lessons whizzed passed faster than i expected.

i left david's room and left the school, earphones in and music filling my ears. sometimes, i wish every time earphones were placed in my ears, all my problems would just switch off, even if that meant for 3 minutes or so.

but, i knew it wouldn't last forever and i'd be walking through my front door in the next 15 minutes. when i did, i was surprised to see lisa and my mum talking in the kitchen.

"oh, hi," i awkwardly greeted lisa, taking my shoes off by the door.
"hey, olivia," she smiled as i walked up to the island they were talked to them.
"what's up?" i asked, sitting up onto a bar stool. i started to pick some grapes from the fruit bowl and ate them.

"lisa and i have a huge favour to ask you," my mum started and lisa tuned in.
"yes, would you be up for babysitting ethan tonight?"

immediately, eyes lit up, causing lisa's mouth to curve into a natural smile. i started to nod, happily.

"of course, why? you two going out or something?" i curiously asked.
"actually, your mom and i have to head up to san francisco because i have a job interview. mona's been to san francisco before so we'll only be going one night."

i nodded in understanding. babysitting for a whole evening with the most adorable baby i've ever met? yes please.

"you hear that, olivia? one night, don't miss me too much," mum joked, thinking she was the most hilarious person on earth as lisa began to laugh.
"you wish," i said, rolling my eyes. mum raised her eyebrows at me and my mood instantly changed.

"i'm joking, mummy, i love you and will definitely miss you," i said, basically running to my mum and into her arms. she laughed and kissed my forehead.
"love you too, pumpkin."

"perfect, thank you so much for this," lisa thanked.
"no, it's fine," i said, still cuddled in my mother's arms.

my mother had me when she was 23 and married my dad 2 years before. i guess this caused her to never really live her 20s properly having a child and a marriage to keep together. since my dad left, we've been closer than we ever have before. i think the world of my mum, she's my idol and i wouldn't change her for anyone and i think that is what's made me so mature (in situations like babies, obviously).