CHAPTER SIX

^^^^^

In all my years, I was bound to pick up some skills and especially when it came to Alec.

I've known the guy since I was five and we had just moved into the neighbourhood. He was the first boy who approached me and offered me to play with him and his toy truck. Since then we were practically inseparable and we became closer than brothers.

Alec was always the golden boy; every parent wanted a child like him while back then I was the rich loner new kid whose parents were never home and always hung around him until the twins came around and they joined our little family.

Part of my training was that I had no familial attachments but I was being paid to blend in so that I can protect the subject without arousing suspicion. I always had the cover of a billionaire dad and absentee parents but no one else apart from the HQ knew that.

Alec never kept any secrets from until four years ago when he told us that there was a new girl who was moving to our school. I asked how he knew and he said that he had run into her on his way here which I later found out was a lie.

Now, normally we didn't care what happened at school or about who was at school but Chloe was a different case; Alec always kept a watch over her, at first I thought it was because he liked her but it got creepy, he always wanted to know where she was and what she did and before we knew it he was her boyfriend. I found it weird that he wanted a girlfriend because however much he was a golden boy, he however, was not the kind of guy to get committed to one girl and he proved me right as he cheated on her many times with so many different girls that I even lost count.

I was suspicious and I even told him to break up with her once and for all but he always said it was never the right time, to me that sounded like he was waiting for something. That Saturday morning I got a call from HQ that someone had been researching information about my supposed family and that's when I knew he had gotten suspicious of me so I went to his place to hang out and that's when he abruptly decided to go to Chloe's house on that same day saying that he wanted to break up with her, I knew that it wasn't the whole truth but I chose to run with it until I got a call few hours later that the main house was under attack but the threat was cleared but there was one witness.

This was the hardest news I had to bear but I had to carry out the assignment that I had been given that morning. When I picked up Alec from Chloe's place he seemed confused and even dazed at first then a bright smile broke from him like he had just achieved the greatest thing in life. I tried asking but he said he had finally broken up with her and that he was happy he was finally free but I suspected it was a complete lie. He didn't even hang out with us that day because he had to go to a girl's house to get some 'celebratory gift'; another lie. That was the last time had talked to him.

At school he hung out with the new girlfriend' more than he did with the guys and he avoided me like the plague. I admit it hurt that he was blowing me off for a girl but then it was weird even for the twins. I tried to get him to talk to them and I even followed him one day to try and corner him until I heard him talking to a girl, a very familiar one at that.

"No, if you move in now my cover will be blown but we should stay put until they lower their guards down and it will be easier to take her. Look, I can even pretend that I want to apologize for treating her badly and ask to take her out then you can take her and I will say she was pushed into a moving van." He said to the girl in a convincing tone. I didn't want to believe it but it was him all along. That's why he wanted to keep tabs on her every waking minute; it was all part of the plan.

"That might actually work; I will alert the others so that they can be ready." The girl said in a cool sultry voice. I couldn't figure out who it was exactly but I was lucky I had recorded the conversation.

I quickly walked away and headed to class since I was already late and I immediately went home after school since I had to put the plan into action. I knew he was distracted today but it wouldn't last long. I sent the video to HQ and told them to try and find out who the girl was and I set everything up. After I confirmed everything was in place I called him up and told him I found something he should see and he agreed to meet me at my place.

He called again and asked me to pick him up and I did. When he came into my room, I had my best poker face on and showed him part of the video. His reaction told me everything I needed to know.

"Look, you don't have to tell me now but I really don't understand how your ex-girlfriend is able to do that to a huge guy, did you know anything about it?" I tried to sound confused and it must have worked since he said that he couldn't tell me anything and that I shouldn't mess with those guys; a sign that he knew everything. I complied and actually deleted the footage.

I was about to ask more when HQ called and I had to take it so I walked out the room.

"Is he an informant?"

"Yes sir, he knows a lot."

"Good, then alert the others and make sure not to say anything else, we have reasons to assume they are onto you. Delete the footage and don't ask more."

"Done sir,"

"Be careful, you still are my son."

"Yes sir" I tried to sound nonchalant but to him I was as much a son as he was a good father and that says a lot.

I walked out and before I could say anything, his phone rang, his reaction told me who it was but I didn't show.

"She called me back, looks like I will get some action after all." He tried to sound cheerful but I silently called out his bluff. He walked out and he didn't know that I had heard his every word while he was still in this building, including his last words.

I sent a message to HQ that there was a high chance my cover was blown and I was assured of back-up from the others so I sat and waited.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Please vote and comment⭐