Chapter 5

“BLOOD SUCKERS,” I yell as loud as possible, not caring who hears me, “PICK ON SOMEONE YOUR OWN FREAKING SIZE!”

“Darlin’?” called Jasper. I could tell that he had given up on chasing after me. He knew that if I didn’t want to be caught, then no one would catch me.

I was gaining on the two other vampires. I reached out and grabbed air. I pushed myself harder and harder until I was finally close enough and I snagged the back of the boy’s shirt and I yanked back on the girl’s fiery red hair until both of their necks were exposed to me.

“I could so easily just tear both of your throats out and send your heads rolling. And then I could burn your remains and no one would ever know. So I’d advise you to run, run as fast as you can and get as far away from here as you can. I’m a tracker and I’ll be able to sense if you come anywhere near here ever again. And if you ever do? You don’t even WANT to know what I’ll do to you, but I can assure you that it will be slow and antagonizing over and over until I finally decided to be merciful and to let Death have you. Understood?”

They nod their heads, trembling in fear.

Then I take off my sunglasses that I always wear and reveal my odd, glowing silver eyes. They seem to intimidate everyone who has ever seen them.

The two nomads gap at my eyes until I shove them forward and screech at the top of my lungs. They sped off faster than they sped in. That’s just putting it lightly.