Chapter 1

"Have you started packing yet hun?" my mom said.

"Yeah, I'm almost done mom!"

"Okay well hurry up! our flight is leaving in an hour and we need to leave!"

I finish packing for my grandmothers and we leave to the airport to North Carolina. I was so excited, I haven't seen my grandmother for two years and I missed her dearly!

**after the plane ride**

I slept almost the entire ride and I'm still tired.

"You look exhausted! Here I'll give you my starbucks card and you go get yourself a drink." my mom says

I say okay and walk to the little coffee shop. I ordered a very berry hibiscus refresher, my favorite, then I call my mom to meet back up with her.

While I'm on the phone someone crashes into me and makes me spill my drink all over me!

"Watch it!!" I say

It's a boy about my age, he has amazing blue eyes, and swoopy hair.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry, here let me help you up!!"

I deny his hand and get up by myself, I feel bad for being rude but he made me spill my drink on me!

"Watch where you're going next time!" I reply back

As I walk away to go to my mom he grabs my wrist.

"Let go of me!" I shout at him

"What's your name?" he ask

"None of your business that's what my name is!" I responded

"Please?"

He sounded desperate so I told him.

"My name is Kayla"

"That's a pretty name! my name is hayes, hayes grier."

"Too bad I didn't ask" then I walked away.

Who does that boy think he is, bumping into me and then grabbing me like that!