Chapter 3

**kays POV**

I get back to my mom, she must've saw what happened and asked if I was okay. I said yeah and we left the airport.

My grandmothers was only 15 minutes away from the airport which was good because I just wanted to lay down, I was exhausted.

*the next day*

I wake up at about 8:45 and start to get ready, I have no idea if we are doing anything today. I get up to take a shower and go pick out my clothes, I end up wearing a black and white baseball like shirt with the three quarter sleeves, a pair of my medium wash hollister jeans and my white vans. I blow dry and curl my hair, put on my makeup and head down stairs. When I get down there I see my mom and grandma in the kitchen talking. my mom noticed I'm there.

"Goodmorning kay (my family calls me Kay)" my mom and grandma say together.

"Goodmorning guys" I say back

"Kay why don't you go outside and meet the neighbors, you will be here for the whole summer so you might as well try to make some friends." says my mom

"Okay but I don't make any promises"

I head outside to the neighbors house to the right of us, then to the left, the right house had consisted of a sweet family if three, a mom, the dad, and their three year old daughter. no one lived in the house to the left. I went to the neighbors across the street and knocked on the door. I heard someone yell they got it from inside the house. The person opens the door and I begin speaking before I even look up.

"Hello I'm Kayla and I'm staying with my grandma for the summer" I say. then I look up and see a boy.

"Oh it's you" I say rolling my eyes. "Are you stalking me or something?!"