Chapter One

Y/N's POV                                                       

I woke up in a bed, bunk bed to be specific, I looked around, I was on the bottom. Everything then came flooding back. My name is Y/N, I was the second girl in group X. One of the maze trial groups. I was taken here by Mr Janson, or Ratman. I stood up, only to hear the creaking of the top bunk. I ignored it and stood up.

"Can't sleep I assume?" I heard someone. It was Sophia, she was hanging upside down from her bunk, shirt tucked in and a huge grin on her face, she always knew when I was awake.

"Yeah." I replied.

"I could tell, I'd fix you something to eat, but I don't have anything to cook with." She complained. I smiled, she was like the older sister of our group. She was pretty talented if you gave her the right supplies. She was second in command, always willing to make sacrifices for us. 

"You were up reading, right?" I asked. She was always reading, sketching, or hiding in the ventilation system with Aris, one of the kids from group B.

"Is that even a question?" She was also really sarcastic, she always found something to complain about. At one time, she even wrote a rant about how W.I.C.K.E.D won't solve anything if they're taking lives, she even had her own solutions to the flare. 

"Time to wake up!" One of the scientists said, entering the room. Everyone else got up as Sophia and I started walking to get breakfast, I sat at my usual spot, my messy h/l h/c everywhere. I examined my food as new people walked in, at least once a week, a new maze group would come in. This time, it was a group of boys, although one caught my eye, he had sandy blonde hair, and piercing brown eyes, as I looked closer, I noticed that he had a slight limp. 

"Y/N??" I heard someone ask, it was Sophia asked. I turned around, she had a smug look on her face, my face turned a bright red.

"What about you and Darren?" I blurted out, her face turned a light pink.

"That's not important! Plus your needs come first!" She said grabbing my wrist, she dragged me towards the newbies, GREAT.

Sophia's POV

I noticed Y/N looking at someone in the new group, group A if I recall correctly. I smirked, finally, something fun to do. 

"Y/N??" I asked. She turned around, she turned a deep crimson. AHA! Perfect, just have to set them up, and watch the magic happen!

"What about you and Darren?" She blurted out. I turned a light pink, it wasn't that big of a deal! I got up and grabbed her wrist.

"That's not important! Plus your needs come first!" I said, dragging her by the wrist to the newbies table. I marched over and waved. 

"Hi! I'm Sophia! Nice to meet you! I'm from group X, and this is Y/N!" I said cheerfully. Y/N stood up and waved. 

"Hi! I'm Minho, this is Thomas, Newt, Winston, Frypan, and Teresa! What brings an angel like you to are table?" He asked, winking at me. 

Oh no he didn't. 

Y/N's POV

I stood still as the boy, er, Minho, introduced us to everyone at the table, everything was fine, until he flirted with her, I knew from experience that flirting with her, is a death wish. As soon as he finished speaking, her emerald eyes went dark. Her ombre blue bangs covered her eyes as she smirked, she pounced on poor Minho and started strangling him. Crap, she covered his mouth and dragged him under the table. 

"Please don't alert the guards! I'll get her out of this state. Just stay calm." I instructed the group, stammering, so much for a first impression. I ran to my table, I poked Darren and pointed to group A's table. He went over there and I followed. 

Darren's POV

I ran to the table with y/n following me. I looked under the table to see Sophia strangling someone, again. I looked the what I assumed to be the poor guy's friends. 

"Can you not? First it's Peter, then Arpan, and now this guy?" I asked, she looked up, her emerald eyes meeting mine. She slowly lets him go and I roll my eyes. She stands up and backhands me on the neck, hard, for the tenth time today. 

"OOWW!" I yelp. She rolls her eyes.

"Jeez, this was the lightest backhand that I've ever done! How does that HURT?" She asked. 

"Just don't backhand me!" I pleaded. 

"No promises." She replied.

Sophia's POV

I rolled my eyes. I spotted Ratman walking in, I quickly took a seat at the newbie table not wanting to get sent back to my room. 

"Any explanation on why the bloody hell you did that?" I heard someone ask. I turned towards the voice, it was that kid Newt y/n was drooling over. 

"She's just like that." y/n said, rolling her eyes at me. "She hates, anything romantic, even hugs and compliments, it's cause-" 

"y/n, you swore to never tell." I said, sharply. I said. My eyes burning with anger. My cheeks an even deeper pink. "Unless you want me to tell him!" I said sing~songy. I smirked as y/n's cheeks flushed a bright red. I had a look of pride on my face, I knew that from this day forward, my life is going to be mainly devoted to making this ship sail! 

"TERESA!!" I heard someone yell, it was Thomas.  He was running towards the person, a thick pane of glass separating them. 

"Well he must be 'special'." Said y/n. I rolled my eyes. 

"Special indeed, since he reminds me of you!" I retorted. I rubbed my eyes from the lack of sleep. 

When it was time to go to our rooms, I sat there thinking about Thomas. With the help of his group, we could finally escape this hell.            

After all...

WICKED lied...

WICKED betrayed us...

And WICKED will end up killing us all...

And I can let this happen..

A/N: There it is! It's pretty bad, and this is kind of in intro to group X. If you guys have any ideas, then I'd like to hear them! Anyway... that's it! Finally, the maze runner series belongs to James Dashner. I only own the plot of this story, y/n, and group X. (BTW group X is made of me and my