Hearts Are Broken

Wilmer's P.O.V

12:03am. Shit. Oh shit this isn't good. Fuck. Why the fuck do I have to mess everything up?! I'm so fucked up. I wish I never answered that text two days ago. I promised Demi I would spend the day talking to her but no I turn my phone on and find a text from Robert Rodriguez about dinner with the president at his house and that I HAVE to attend or I'm cut from the show. I chose my career over Demi and I swore I would never do that, but I did. Then the president leaves before 7pm but unfortunately I don't. I find myself being told to loosen up a little and having drinks shoved down my throat. I'm not gonna lie it did feel good partying because I haven't been able to do that in a while, I felt like my old self where I had no fucks to give about anything or anyone. It was nice, for a little. Now I'm in a bed I don't even recognise after apparently 'crashing out' in the kitchen. I need to call her.
The first few rings felt like forever waiting for her to pick up. She's probably sleeping. I was about to hang up when a shaky, whisper of a voice answered on the other end.
"What?"
"Hermosa, I'm deeply sorry I can explain-"
"You know what's funny Wilmer? I may be on the other side of the world, but I can smell the reek of alcohol on your breath."
"How do you even know I wa-"
She laughed without humour.
"You're slurring your words."
"Demi, baby, please let me explain."
"You have 2 minutes, make it worthwhile."
"I swear nothing happened. Robert Rodriguez was holding a dinner party at his house for the president and informed me that if I don't attend I'm off the show and then I tried to leave as soon as I could but they wouldn't let me. They were buying me an endless amount of drinks and telling me to live a little and I just caved Demi, I caved. I'm so sorry, I'll make it up to you. I swear on our future child's life that-"
"How. Fucking. Dare. You. You make me sick you know that. Don't you EVER try and play the "our future child" card with me. You don't know what the hell I've been through tonight. I thought you were the one who healed my wounds, not re-opened them."
I could hear her swallowing back the tears.
"All I asked was for one day, yesterday, to be our little infinity but I guess you'd rather destroy your liver than talk to me. I'm glad I know where I stand in your cocktail bar of a life."
"That's not fair, Demi."
"Cut the crap Wilmer. Nothing is ever fair when it comes to love. If everything was fair I'd be in your arms right now, drifting off to sleep, thinking about how wonderful it is that the world knows about us and accepts us, but nothing is ever fucking fair."
"We can still have that Demi, you know we can. I know we can."
"No, I don't think I'll ever know what we can have again Wilmer."
I could feel her giving up on me but I wasn't giving up on her.
"Demi you are my world and beyond. I can't live without you. You are the reason I wake up every morning knowing I have a reason to wake up. I wouldn't want to wake up to a world where you're not in my arms Hermosa."
She sighed.
"I have a concert tomorrow, I have to try and sleep."
She sounded so weak and broken and I knew I was the reason.
"Forever?" I asked.
The reply was the repeated beep at the end of a phone call that meant they were gone.