Chapter 14 - The Sign

---

I am surprised as his wings covered me, and then we're already home. I saw Mother and Father hurriedly go out of the house, and both of them had their jaws dropped.

Michael already released me from his wings, and I quickly go near Mother and hugged her.

"Alondra! I'm glad you're back." She cried.

We hugged a little longer, and then she asked me.

"Where have you been? I worried so much to you."

"I was kidnapped by the villains.." I told her, and I looked at Michael, "but Michael saved me from them."

Mother looked so shocked at Michael again. Michael just humbly smiled, and go a little nearer on us.

"Dear... You're an angel??!!" Mom asked shockingly.

"Yes, I am. I was sent here to guard your daughter.. Alondra." Michael answered.

I looked at Mother so happy again. Father tried to touch Michael's wings like what I did on the secret place earlier. Even my father can't believe that Michael is an angel.

"But how come you are almost dying when we saw you for the first time?" Father asked him.

"When I was sent here, I am a mortal just like you are. But when I met Alondra, knowing the fact that she is the young girl that God wants me to guard and guide, my abilities as an angel gradually came back." Michael answered.

Father was so amazed, then he looked at me and stroked my hair. I smiled at him and both of us looked at Michael again.

"Thank you for saving my daughter." Father thanked him.

Michael just bowed down a little to accept the appreciation.

"Thank you also for saving me, and taking care of me. If I was not saved, I don't know if Alondra is still here." Michael said.

All of us smiled, and soon Michael let his wings disappear.

"Let's have a little feast, Alondra got her angel." Mother said.

All of us laughed and we go inside the house. I sat down on the sofa, and felt there's still a wound on my corner lip because the villain punched me there earlier. I felt kinda sad about it.

"You wait here, and I'll prepare the foods." Mother said.

"Alright." Michael responded.

I just quietly looked around the house and Michael tapped my arm.

"You okay?" He asked.

I looked at him a little surprised and said, "Uhmm yeah."

Michael sort of squinted his eyes, examining me, and then he reacted, "Oh.. Now I know why you're a sort of down."

He began gently patting my wounded corner lip using his thumb. And like what happened when my upper left eyebrow was being healed, I felt a really comforting presence.

Soon, Michael removed his hand on my face and asked in a jolly way, "You feel good enough?"

I smiled and said "Yeah, thank you so much."

I rested my head on his shoulder and he patted it.

"You feel tired?" He asked.

"Kind of.. What happened earlier is a bit of draining, I hope you understand." I replied.

"Of course I do, that's why I'm here." He answered.

I closed my eyes momentarily to rest myself. Then, I felt pretty much awake suddenly so I snapped my eyes open. I fixed myself and I am so energized.