Prologue

"What have you done!" The King of Demons was a flaming torch, the fires of Hell singing off of his skin in his rage, scorching everything in his path.

"You will never find her. Eden will never be open to scum like you ever again," the Queen of Heaven spat as she clutched her charred wings, their once glorious, shining feathers now dull with soot and the blood of her comrades. She glared defiantly into the terrible yet enchanting ruby eyes of the Devil. He had overrun the divine halls of Heaven out of pure spite, upsetting the balance of the afterlife. He had taken everything that was hers.

She screamed as he wrapped a fiery hand around her pristine neck, the sting of the flames like a thousand needles.

"You will tell me where she is. Where is the Fallen Angel?" His fingers tightened as she continued to struggle viciously. It was no use though. His hadean flames had stomped out the magic of these winged creatures.

"Screw you." The queen chuckled deliriously to herself, knowing something no one else ever would. The king released his grip, the flames on his fair skin receding, revealing a strikingly handsome face and fine black hair, the alluring darkness to her luminous beauty.

"Do not kill any more Saints! Imprison them. In time, they will reveal the whereabouts of the Fallen Angel." His voice was confident and steely, carrying the air of command. All around them, the other demons tied down the creatures that once dominated the yonders. The king slid out his own coil of rope, snapping it taut as he began restraining the once magnificent wings of the queen.

"Your pretty face belongs to me until the gates open. We will see whose stubbornness wins out." He ran his slender fingers through her sleek black hair, tilting her chin up to meet those vivid turquoise orbs. He started at the cunning smile on her face, at the pierce of her eyes that sent chills down his spine.

"I belong to no one."

She plunged the hidden obsidian stake into her core, releasing a brilliant flash of golden light before blinking out of sight. The King of Demons could only stare in shock as she vanished into Oblivion, leaving everyone else stuck on the other side with no way out.