44. Rewrite Our Story

----;'''-=-- Please play the song ----;'''-=--

I wish that I was staying longer, 

But I've been called into the light

Something 'bout you makes me stronger, 

But all the lows they feel like highs  

"Y/N!" G screamed, but his cries were unheard against the roar of the flames and crashing debris. It was the aftermath of the missile, shot directly at Y/n. He had watched it happened, frozen, ironically stuck in time- for they had run out of it.

More time, more time, that was all he needed, all they needed.

I'm sorry that I never told you

But I will never lose the faith

Through the stars, over the oceans

I'll meet you there someday

"Y/n!" He screamed again, bounding atop the heaped chunks of concrete that had fallen (and were still falling) from the shell of the office building. The air was hot, scraping at his bones as he dropped to his knees and began to dig at the debris, trying but failing to shift it. He needed to find her, he had to find her, before it was too late.

Then- he saw her.

He lifted his head, crystal pathways of tears on his face, and the dust cleared, long enough for him to spot her. He raced over, nearly tripping on metal rods that stuck up from the earth like jagged teeth, but he got there. 

So lay me down

Shrapnel lined her broken body, the light in her eyes like a flickering flame: one slight breeze from being extinguished. G cried out, a sob escaping his throat as he sank to his knees. She was a fallen angel, the faded cloth of her shirt bright against the dark ashes beneath her. Tears stained her cheeks, black marks coating her skin. Her eyes slowly tracked him, but she was giving up the fight. Could you really blame her?

In the water

He refused to believe it, he couldn't. "Y/n, Y/n baby it's me, it's G, it's Sans. You gotta wake up for me sweetheart, you gotta stay with me-" His voice cracked and faltered as he cradled her in his arms, the pure white of his fingertips stark against her muddy skin. He ran those same fingers through her knotted hair, bringing her forehead to touch his own. "Please stay with me baby, please don't go-" He sobbed into her neck, her head lolling back without the precious support of her broken lover. "Don't go, doll, don't go.. You said you'd come back, remember? So please come back, God, please come back-!" Another sob was snatched from his mouth, and he could feel his soul slowly splintering, the faint lines stretching across his soul like the paths of a labyrinth. His tears dripped onto the scarred face of his lover, streams of sorrow that could not be dried out.

Let me drown

"Sans." Papyrus' voice could be heard above the noise and above G's cries. "She's gone, Sans," he murmured, his soul squeezing as he watched his brother break down.

Don't let my feet touch the ground

"No she's not, no she is not!" G cried out, his desperate grip blemishing Y/n's skin. He sobbed again, his breathing ragged and eye lights dim. As he kissed her white lips, Y/n's eyes slowly, so slowly, closed, a final tear slipping down her cheek and onto the ashy ground beneath them. Despite how G revoked his words, Papyrus was right. 

Kiss me now

Y/n was gone.

Until it's over