Sponsorship Task- Altrin Keene

Task: Tribute will spend an entire day with a capitol citizen. Impress them. You are assigned to ONE WORD, and you are to use this word to make the capitol citizen.

Word: WEAKLING

Task 1: District 1 Male – Altrin Keen

"Hi, are you Altrin?" a girl with purple eyes asks. The eyes might be weird if I weren't so accustomed to dealing with Capitol people all the time, with my parents being victors and all...

"Yes I am. You must be Atalina, my escort for the day."

She smiles and bobs her head, allowing pink wisps to fall into her eyes. She's thin and frail. It makes me wonder what she's like as a person. It worries me a little.

I was hoping I'd get a big, burly guy to escort me today. I should've known that Atalina was a girl's name. In my defense, I've known the Capitol to do weirder things than cross name children.

"Shall we get out of this dingy station?" she chirps.

I look around me. Dingy isn't the word to use. This would be a nice train station even in One. And we're one of the wealthiest districts.

Atalina ushers me into a vehicle as she climbs into the seat beside me in the back.

"Take me home, Zeus."

As the driver, Zeus, pulls out of the station I look out at the familiar streets. I've trekked the Capitol more than a few times with my family. The President is rather fond of us.

"I used to know your dad, you know." Atalina breaks the sweet silence. Her voice cuts through the air like an all too sharp knife.

"Yeah," I say smiling. "A lot of people do." Of course people know my dad. He's a victor for crying out loud! But I'm here to make friends and get sponsors for the Games.

She begins crying. Oh no...What did I say? What did I do wrong? This isn't how to get sponsored!

"Are you okay?" I ask fighting the urge to be mad at her waterworks.

"He was just so handsome!" She places her head in the palms of her tiny hands and sobs.

I don't know what to say. I can't stand people like this. Especially if they're like this for no reason in particular...

"Is that a bad thing?"

"No dear, it's just...I'm just reminiscing."

Okay...this is weird. How am I going to handle an entire day of this? Of her...

"What's on the agenda for the day?" I ask in an effort to stop her irritating crying about past memories.

"Well," she sniffs her tiny little nose. "I like you so far. Maybe when we get home, I'll show you around and take you out shopping. How's that sound?"

I stop and think. I can't shop. I have no money. I can't very well tell her no though. I need to keep her happy as long as I possibly can.

"I have no means to shop," I state quietly. Hopefully she'll take pity on me and either ditch the shopping idea or...actually, hopefully she'll just ditch the shopping idea. I didn't come here to watch my escort parade around in dramatic clothing.

"Dear, I'll pay for you. You're sweet enough to deserve something."

Within a few more minutes of pointless small talk that I don't really pay attention to, we arrive at her house. It's purple. Not surprising.

I step out of the car and offer her my hand. She thanks me and pulls me excitedly to the sidewalk.

"This is my home! First I want to take you to the backyard. The Capitol has been working on special things for me." She winks before yanking at my arm once again.