The Anthem Plays

At this point, I was eliminated because I didn't fulfill the task because my time management skills suck. This is what jesusfreak202 wrote about my character deaths:

Altrin Keene: After getting their chains unlocked, Altrin and Coralie decided to stay together to try and outrun the earthquake. Altrin frantically tried running out of the shadow forest, jsut as the edges of the earth collapsed around them. He pushed Coralie out of the way, temporarily saving her, but fell. Hiss bloodstained fingers managed to grasp onto a hand-hold at the last second, but he knew he couldn't hold on for much longer. Coralie grabbed his left hand, and desperately tried pulling him up. He knew if she tried to hold his weight any longer, she would die too.

He knew what h had to do.

Meeting her gaze one last time, he whispered goodbye to her as he let go of her hand and fell to his death.

Coralie Dunbrylle: Disoriented and emotional from Altrin's death, Coralie stumbled in the shadow forest. She tried to see through the dark shadows, which were making it impossible for her to see. She ran until her legs could no longer carry her own weight, ran in any direction until she was hopelessly lost.

Her eyes suddenly rested on lights appearing from just ahead.

Just as she silently made a vow that she would live, the earth collapsed out from under her, taking her into its deep, bottomless claws. The last thought that crossed her mind was that Altrin's sacrifice had been for nothing.

After this there were two more entries I took part in. One was a bonus and one was to contribute to the finale. Two entries short of making it to finals...the real kicker is she told me I had an excellent chance of winning if I had stuck with it.