Chapter Four~On theTrail

Christine 

I woke up to a strong arm pulling me close to a warm body. I tried not to move as I attempted to remove myself from his grasp. Erik softly snored and I could not help but laugh at that sound coming from him. He gently stirs around and opens is eyes, confusion hidden in his eyes. 

He looks around once to familiarize himself with his surroundings before he looks at me. "Good morning," he says as he moves himself closer to me. His hand gently brushes a piece of hair from my face as he leans in to kiss me. 

His warm lips find mine and I melt into his arms at his touch. Our kiss becomes more passionate and he flips himself on top of me, so that there was no space in between us and I could feel the passion between us, that electricity that radiated between us. 

His hand slides up my thigh and under my slip, and his hand gently cups my bare waist. He begins to kiss down my neck and when he reaches my collarbone, he gently sucks and I give a moan of pleasure. I can feel his hand gently tug at my slip and I push him off slightly. 

"I'm sorry Erik," I say and he looks away, but I turn his head to face me, "I'm just not comfortable with that," I say softly and his eyes flash with anger. "But two nights ago, you gave yourself to me, without a single thought," he says, his voice raising with every word. 

I look down, my head held in shame after I realized that I was being hypocritical and that I was being unfair to Erik by toying with him like a doll. He gently slides off the bed, and I can feel the frustration radiating from him. 

I watch as he storms off into the bathroom and I decide to slip on the dress. I look at in daylight and I can see why Erik chose this dress, I looked unrecognizable. The red contrasted against my pale skin, making me look even more porcelain, and the dress slid perfectly against my body, giving the effect that I had curves. 

It had a plunging neckline, making me look seductive and the lace made me look sophisticated. The woman in the mirror was elegant and regal, yet mysterious and seductive, in a beautiful way. I reached for a black ribbon on the small table near the mirror and I pulled my hair back, leaving one piece in the front to frame my face. 

I smiled as I looked at this woman in the mirror and I could feel myself becoming more confident and for once in a very long time, I felt free to be myself. For once I didn't have to focus on if I was perfect enough to become a perfect wife. 

I would not have have to worry if my dress was not elegant enough to attend a social gathering, and yet it must be something not would not be to fancy or to revealing, for I was already with a man. I should not try to look like the other girls that were my age, that were trying to find husbands. 

I was just supposed to stand there next to Raoul and be pretty, I was not to say anything, except if I was asked a question. A Victomess must always look her best and must always be the perfect wife, she must be able to cook, and be a wonderful cleaner. 

I had become so lost in trying to be a perfect wife that I had lost my lust for living. I had forgotten what it felt like to be alive and to make my own decisions, unlike the mindless machine that Raoul tried to force me to be. 

Suddenly a hand grabs my waist and twirls to to face them. I found myself staring in Erik's honey colored eyes that were lit up with desire. I bite my lips slightly and his eyes darken even more and he leans in to kiss me, but I slip out of his grasp and I walk around him, leaving him stunned. 

I grab my cloak and I try to tie it around my neck, but a hand grabs the cloak from me. I turn around to see Erik standing there, a smirk plastered on his face. "Erik, please I need that," I beg him but he shakes his head.