Chapter Seventeen~ Homeward Bound

Hey guys, could you please check out my new book Invisible? Thanks for reading and enjoy. 

Christine 

My arms was resting across Erik's bare waist, and I gently ran hand hand against it as I opened my eyes to see him laying there, still sleeping. I could tell from his prominent dark circles that he hadn't slept in ages, and I knew it was because of me. 

I was the one who took away his son and ran away from him, with only a note. But now we were together and I promise never to leave him again. The pain away from him was unbearable, and if I were to be separated from him ever again, I would probably die from the heartbreak. 

He had his mask off, revealing his beautiful face which he kept hidden more than he should. I gently run my hand against the ruff skin, and his body flinches from my touch. His eyes open and they were dark with fear until he saw me and they softened. 

"Good morning," I say softly as I move closer to him, as I wrap my arms around his neck. He smiles and I lean closer and softly kiss his lips. His hands run through my hair, and I lay my hands on his chest as he moves closer to me. 

I pull away and curl up into his arms, not wanting to move. I wish that I could stay here forever, while the rest of the world revolved without us. He kisses my head and I lay my head on his warm chest, "I bought tickets for us to head back to France," he says. 

I smile and nod my head as I sigh from contentment. "Then I must pack," I say as I hop out of the bed and slip on my silk robe, and I saw Erik frown, as I began to pack. "I liked you better without that robe," he says as he tries to pull me back into the bed. 

I laugh as he gently squeezes my sides, and I pull away from him and continue to pack. Gustave begins to cry and I gently pick him up and gently rock him back and forth. His big honey colored eyes are bright and excited when he sees Erik walk up from behind me. 

"Can I hold him," Erik asks me and I see that he changed into normal clothes. I nod my head and gently place Gustave into his arms. Gustave squirms a little until he settles down into Erik's arms and I see Erik smile at his son and I felt bad for taking Gustave away from him. 

I quickly pack Gustave and Erik's suitcase, and I let Erik catch up with his son. After I finished packing their bags, I pulled my hair up, and let two pieces frame my face. Then I put on one of my nicer dresses and grabbed Gustave's outfit. 

I exit out of the bathroom and I smile when I see Gustave fast asleep in Erik's arms. Erik look ups at me and I can see pride in his eyes. I shuffle over to him and lay my head on his shoulder, as I look down at my beautiful sleeping son. 

"You look beautiful my dear," Erik whispers as he kisses my forehead and I smile at him. I started to say something but then I heard a knock at the door. I saw Erik slip on his mask quickly and I open the door to see Edward standing there. 

I awkwardly shift back and forth on my heels, not knowing what to say. "Can we go on a walk really quickly," he asks me and I look back at Erik who was looking at Edward within pure and utter hatred. I pout my lip and Erik dismisses me with a wave of his hand. 

"It must be quick though," Erik says and Edward nods his head, but Erik's gaze was still just as strong. I follow Edward out of the house and into the beautiful rose gardens again. I can see Edward's hand move as if they were going to grab mine, but then they move back. 

"I see that your husband had returned," Edward say awkwardly, his voice cracking as he spoke. I nod my head, but I can still see betrayal in his eyes. "I thought that you were ever going to see him again once you left him."