Chapter Five.

My eyes were overflowed with tears of joy. I immediately reached for the nurse's button. But Sam's hand stopped mine.

"I think we should talk about what this means. Jc i like you, but i still-"

His lips were instantly met

And then it happened. It happened fast and then all at once.

One second we were together lips moving in motion and the he just stopped. I heard the beeps and then
--------------- he flatlined.

Doctors rushed in the room. The nurse quickly rushed me out of the room. In the waiting room i was joined by Ricky, Connor, Kian , and Acacia.

Their stares all asked me what happened. But i couldn't take it. I ran into the nearby supply closet and got on my knees and sobbed. And then i laid there for what seemed like an eternity.

"Thought i'd find you here." The voice was familiar but It was not welcome to heart.

*2 months earlier*

There he was on my front porch crying. I brought him inside. "Ricardo what happened." I was terrified.

My eyes were flashing back to when we were in 7th grade and he purposely overdosed and was in the hospital for weeks. I was there for him the entire time i refused to leave his side.

And now I saw his wrists covered in cuts. I removed his shirt the cuts were there on his hips too. All i could do was stare at him, the damage had already been done.

"Explain, please, for me." I pleaded finally getting him to open up. He explained how he had a secret. After a little bribery he explained he was bi.

I didn't care but how could he not tell me. We have been through everything together. How could he not tell me? And how did he know?

He fell asleep on my couch and then i sat in the chair to evaluate today's events.

As I was drifting to sleep i felt a hand run through my hair. He was mumbling something that was hard to understand but then I knew. He was saying " I love you. But you're blind to see it."

I wanted to get up and hug him but I couldn't do that to him. He couldn't forgive me if i did that. I needed to let him tell me on his own. And that plan entirely failed.

He hugged me and I hugged him back as tightly as I could. "Did you hear" he asked me with fear in his voice. "Does it matter and then we fell asleep in each other's arms.

The next morning, we went to the store and that's when it happened. We were paying, and the cashier said " You two make a cute couple." I reached for his hand to say thank you but Ricardo said
"We're just friends", and dropped my hand.

My heart dropped. When we got back home i was silent. "You understand that we're just friends right? I only like girls."

And then that was the last straw i haven't talked to him since. And i don't want to start now.