THREE

jack couldn't sleep.

it was 3:29am and each time he tried to close his eyes, he would immediately open them only a couple minutes later.

wyatt, chosen, jaeden, and sophia were passed out on the floor. jeremy had taken the chair, and finn and jack were sharing the small pullout couch.

jack never liked hotels all that much. they freaked him out. so many people in one place, so far from home. he wasn't surprised he couldn't fall asleep.

he turned to face finn, who was so close to him, they were touching arms. he was on his back, snoring lightly. jack could practically smell the mint toothpaste he had brushed his teeth with a couple hours ago.

jack sighed and leaned over, quickly going to kiss finn on the cheek. but the curly haired boy turned to face the other way in his sleep, and jack ended up kissing him on the lips.

the sudden movement made finn wake up, and jack quickly sat up, his heart beating faster.

"i'm so sorry." jack whispered, not wanting to wake the others up. finn propped himself up on his elbows. "i didn't mean to." jack continued.
"it's okay." finn smiled lightly. jack nodded, sighing in relief.

they stared at each other for another moment, only able to see each other from the moonlight spilling in through the curtains.

finn never knew jack's lips were that soft, even if they were on his own lips for a second. he was used to kisses on the cheek, but not the real thing.

he wanted to know more.

finn sat up on his knees in the same position jack was in.

"we should try that again." finn said quietly.

"try what again?"

"kissing."

jack nodded slowly, taking in what finn was saying.

"alright."

finn stared at jack's lips, then looked into his eyes. he looked scared, but curious. the same way finn felt.

finn pressed his lips against jack's, and immediately realized the boy tasted of strawberries and tic tacs.

he liked kissing jack a lot more than he had liked kissing any other girl.

they kissed for a couple seconds, then pulled away, their foreheads almost touching. both boys were somewhat breathless, and in disbelief since they had enjoyed the kiss.

"i-it was- that was good." jack choked on his words, finally looking at finn. he simply nodded in return. his stomach felt like it was in knots.

"i'm tired." finn whispered. "i finally am too." jack replied.

the boys slowly got in the same positions they had been in, and jack closed his eyes, smiling as he felt finn grab his hand.

-
no one even reads this but apparently all i write are fluffy kiss scenes now okay