(8) auditions

May POV

We've been practicing all week! My hands hurt for holding the mic and for pressing the keyboard.

Dawn was forcing herself to do the extreme, like holding a high note for 8 minutes to warm her voice up, Misty had to practice the base, and let me tell ya she is a handful. Misty had to also learn the lines to a bunch of new songs that Dawn made.

Leaf was practicing not only her low notes, but also trying to dribble while playing the drums.

I had to practice BOTH notes. I looked at Dawn who kept looking at all of her notes.

"I need to get a drink!" She said walking out.

We all sighed in defeat, "I can handle the pressure but Dawn can't!" Misty pointed out.

"True, I love Dawn but she needs to de-stress. Know what I mean?" Leaf asked, "Totally, speaking of which, have we learned the choreography?" I asked. Our eyes widened.

"THE CHOREOGRAPHY!" We all shrieked.

We got up and headed to the living room.

Dawn POV

I bought my Frappuccino and sat down near the books, I sighed and grabbed all the lyrics. Someone grabbed them.

"What the-"

"Hey DEDE!" The red head said with a grin, "What?" I asked rudely, "Not gonna say hi? I've grown cuter." He winked.

I scoffed, "Can I have my lyrics back?" I asked.

"I KNOW MY SISTER MORE THAN-" I grabbed the paper before he could read the rest.

"Leave me alone Kenny." I said in hope, "You never know, you might lose against me. But no need to worry! You have my shoulder to cry on!" He mocked.

I grabbed my coffee and lyrics and walked out, but Kenny followed. "Geez dawn if you are THAT desperate for my attention just say so, I can give you a shot." He said in a flirty tone.

"I don't Need you, and the only one that wants attention is you! So leave me alone, before I break that mouth so you can't perform tomorrow!" I threatened. He laughed, I heard a hit from behind me.

I looked back and saw Paul punching Kenny.

"OW! WHAT THE HELL MAN!" Kenny yelled, "She said lay off, what part do you not understand?" Paul asked.

Kenny walked away, a sigh of relief came out of my mouth.

"Geez Dawn you look tired." Paul said, I put my hands in my huge sweater. "You were practicing?" He asked, I nodded.

"Me too, until I heard the idiot there." He said, I giggled like I never had done before.

"Thanks." I said with a smile, "Need any help?" He asked, "I actually do, I need to practice my high note, I tried holding it for 9 minutes but only got to 8 then I tried doing low notes, crap! The choreography! I forgot! What about the guitar! UGH I FORGOT TO LEARN HOW TO SHRED!" I said fast then freaking out.

He held my shoulders, "We have 10 hours to practice and then you fall asleep, I will help you do the notes and learn the lyrics, Kay?" He asked sternly."

I nodded, "Good, now let's practice in..... the garden! How about that?" He asked, I nodded and followed him.

We sat in a bench for two and read the lyrics.

"How about we try this song..." he said. "Someday? Oh that is just an idea I had when I was little. I don't think it's singing material..." I said trying to find an excuse.