thirty four - pcy

I went upstairs, carefully holding the tray in my hands, a bowl of soup and a glass of water sitting on it, along with some medicine. I carefully opened the door to the bedroom, pushing it with my shoulder.

"I brought you soup." I said, finally getting to the chair I had positioned next to the bed. I placed the tray down on the nightstand.

"Thanks." Baekhyun muttered, his voice raspy.

"Come on, sit up and eat."

I reached out and rested my hand on his back (which was turned towards me since he was laying on his side). I slowly helped him get to an upright position, leaning his back against the headboard.

I placed the back of my hand on his forehead, meeting a decent temperature.

"Your fever is gone." I inquired, grabbing the spoon from the nightstand.

"Mm." he hummed.

I took a spoonful of the soup, bringing it up to his mouth.

"I can feed myself." he pouted, rubbing his half lidded eyes.

"No, you're sick."

He looked like a sleepy puppy, I couldn't stop the smile that found its way to my lips. My smile widened in victory when he took the spoon into his mouth, swallowing the soup.

"Good?" I asked, placing the spoon back into the bowl.

He nodded.

I continued to feed him, until the bowl was done.

"Now take your medicine."

I took the pills into my palm and grabbed the glass of water with my other hand. I slipped the medication into his mouth, then placed the rim of the glass to his lips, tilting it so he could drink some water.

"Thank you." he sluggishly said, closing his eyes.

I reached over and ran my fingers through his hair.

"Channie?"

His tone was quiet, almost inaudible, but I still managed to catch what he muttered.

"Yes?" I answered, cocking my head to the side.

"I want some chocolate milk."

"Chocolate milk?" I raised an eyebrow. "Finish your water first, then I'll probably get you some."

I watched him drink his water and when he finished it, he held the empty glass up to my face.

"Alright." I sighed, grabbing the cup and placing it back on the tray. I carried the dishes back downstairs.

"Do we have chocolate milk?" I asked myself, opening the fridge. My eyes raked over the shelves and I managed to find a carton on one of the doors.

I grabbed another glass from the cupboard and poured the milk into it. I steadily headed back upstairs.

"Here." I handed it to him, his small fingers wrapping around the cup.

His expression lit up as he took the glass into his hands, taking a sip.

I giggled softly and ruffled his hair.

"Do you feel better?"

"Mhm."