thirty six - pcy

"Come on, it's not that bad!" Minseok shouted up to Jongin, who was standing at the edge of the cliff.

I shaded my eyes with my hand, an expression of fear plastered on Jongin's face. The water rippled against my bare upper half, the sun beating down on my skin as I stood near the dock watching them.

"Alright, I'll jump!" Jongin shouted, shaking his head. He blew out a puff of air before launching himself fifteen feet down into the clear blue lake.

I waddled over to the dock (the water was shallow enough), my hand wrapping around the weathered wooden pole. My eyes skimmed over the rocks that were barely immersed in the water under the wooden planks.

"Chanyeol?"

I lifted my head up, meeting Baekhyun sitting at the edge of the dock, his feet dangling over the water.

"You haven't gotten into the water yet?" I asked him, my hand releasing the pole and I approached him, my feet digging into the sheet of tiny rocks below me.

He shook his head.

A smirk played onto my lips, as my hands reached up to wrap around his ankles.

"Chanyeol-"

I tugged him into the water, causing him to slide off the dock, a small splash arising. The water wasn't deep enough for his head to be immersed and he wiped his eyes, locks of his hair dripping with water.

"Why did you do that?" he asked, his hands dropping from his eyes.

"Just wanted to surprise you." I smiled, tilting my head to the side. "The water's warm, it's nice isn't it?"

"Mhm." he agreed, wading his arms through the water.

"Chanyeol! Baekhyun!"

We both looked up to the sound of Yixing's voice.

"Have you tried this yet?!" he pointed down, gesturing to the edge of the cliff which he stood upon.

"I'm scared of heights! No way I'm doing that!" Baekhyun shouted back, cupping his mouth with his hands to project his voice.

"I haven't done it yet! I'll be there in a minute!" I answered, moving myself towards the rocks near the dock to get out of the water.

I grabbed onto Baekhyun's forearm, who stiffened in my grip.

"Chanyeol, what are you doing?" he sneered.

"I'm taking you with me, why?" I replied, stepping onto a rock, lifting myself, the water now up to my knees.

"I'm. Not. Jumping." I turned around to meet his pissed off gaze, which was also sexy since he was shirtless.

"I'll jump with you." I dragged him out of the water, despite his protest.

"Do you want me to die?" he questioned, my hand firmly stayed around his wrist as we came closer to the cliff, a steady incline starting.

I didn't answer the question and continued to pull him up with me.

Soon we came to the top of the cliff, my eyes examining the view of water and nature below us.

"Chanyeol, I'm not doing it." he wiggled out of my grip, turning around to head back down.

I wrapped my hands around his waist, stopping him from doing so.

"Come on Baek," I whispered into his ear. "I'm here, you'll be safe."

I stared at him with a soft but also pleading gaze.

"Fine." he agreed.

We approached the edge, him and I standing at the same level of closeness.

I could hear the others cheering us on from below.

I reached out and his fingers laced with mine.

"Ready?" I asked, turning to him.

He visibly gulped, then nodded.

"On three, one,"

His grip on my hand tightened.

"Two,"

Tighten.

"Three!"

I launched myself off the rock surface, Baekhyun was squeezing so tightly I could of possibly broken my hand.

I plummeted into the warm water, feeling him released my hand.

I arose to the surface wiping my eyes from the water.

"Was it fun?!" I heard Jongdae yell from the dock.

"That was so scary." Baekhyun breathed, swimming closer to me, wrapping his arms around my neck.

"Baekhyun said it was scary, but for me it was fun!" I responded.

I slid my hands under Baekhyun's thighs, pulling him closer to my body. He buried his face into the crook of my neck, I could tell he was breathing heavily.

"You did it Baekhyunnie." I inquired, placing a kiss on the nape of his neck. "But you almost broke my hand in the process."

"Shut up." he mumbled against my skin.

I chuckled softly and started carrying him towards the dock.