Chapter 20

As soon as I reach inside, I wasted no time to run up to my room.

I felt so lost and frustrated! How can parker be like that?! It surprised me how he can just go about his day...his life with the burden of doing something that horrible to someone. But just not someone, my best friend, my brother and overall my protector.

I remember when kyle refused to speak to me when we're pups cause I didn't want him to be my protector. My mom would always tell me that 'being a leader means being your own protector'

"No, you can't protect me! You'll need someone to protect you and my parents already do that. You bearly have anyone. Please don't" I had went on my knees to beg him not to. At that time I thought that the rogues wanted to take him away from me.

How stupid of me?! He was always stronger than me and he protected me every day without me knowing.

I still remember that day even though looking back on that, it was so embarrassing. It was so stupid to say and him being much more mature than me, at that time, didn't help ease the embarrassment of when we were smaller. How had he not get confused and laughed at me? Only the goddess will know.

Snapping back into reality was always something that raised a slight bit of anxiety when I was smaller and hearing parker footsteps outside made me realized that, that faze was never going to stop.

I quickly rushed into the bathroom, making sure to be heard with faint steps but I moved quickly so my scent won't linger for long.

I heard him enter the room before he even called out to me. I realized that he was coming closer to the door and I sucked in a breath but then quickly but quietly turned on the shower.

I heard his footsteps momentarily stopped but he continued.

"Baby are you hungry?" I heard him asked over the shower.

'No. No I'm not' I wanted to say but kept quiet, not knowing what to say and the terrible aching in my throat was indicating that I wanted to cry my feelings out.

I thought he had went away but the light knocking on the bathroom door has me panicking. I know he was seconds away from opening that door so I quickly jump into the shower and stripped my clothes hurriedly off.

Half way through pulling down my pants from my left leg the door open and I roughly pull it all the way of and throw it in the corner of the bathroom with just my panties and bra on.

Parker pulled the curtain to the side and I faked fright. I gasped, "Parker!" I yelled as I pulled the curtain to my body.

"Nothing I haven't seen already" he said with cheekily smile, "and I wanted to know if your hungry. So, kitten, are you hungry?" He asked and then seductively added, "Either kind of hungry is accepted" the smug grin he held made my stomach twist and shiver. Not in the pleasureable way.

"No thank you" I said holding back disgust from seeping through, but of course, parker didn't notice and stayed oblivious.

"Awe, but babe why?" He asked and I raised and eyebrow.

"Do I have to answer that?" I said my voice holding nothing. No emotions was detected.

"Are you mad at me?" He asked with a pout that used to make me feel to kiss him until he felt better but seeing it just made me even more disgusted with him and myself.

"No" I grumbled even though I wanted to shout 'yes' on the top of my voice.

He really had the nerve to ask me that? Was he testing me?

I suddenly become quizzical. What is parker true intentions? I quietly questioned myself as I analyzed parker from head to toe.

He doesn't look tense or anything, in fact, that's the last thing he looked like. He was calmly leaning against the bathroom side where I was also standing. The only thing that was between us was the thin fabric of the shower curtain.