Chp. 1

The Lake
"The only place where you can see the sun and the moon together in the sky."

((Y/N's POV))
Gosh.. Where do I start? Well I guess I'll just go out and say that both of my parents died in a car accident. They were coming home from a house party that got a bit out of hand, they were extremely intoxicated and apparently so was their driver.  When driving over the city bridge, the driver swerved off into the ocean, drowning everyone in the car.  The bodies haven't been found yet and they probably never will.

Now, I live as the adult at the age of 20, with my younger brother Frisk, who was turning 16 in a few days. In a small apartment for the 4 of us. Well I guess now we're down to 2. Living off the money our parents had wouldn't do us any good for more than a couple of weeks since they died right after their last pay day. My mother was a florist that also loved working with children and my father was a officer.

Looking for a job on (S/E) is hard! Especially when you basically have no skills that matter enough to stand out to someone.  You're so desperate right now that you went on the Deep Web and sure enough you found a job that both of you can work together in! Well one downside is that the job takes place.. Underground, after the case of missing children from Mt. Ebbot, it had been closed off and highly guarded. But the address on how to get there wasn't at the mountain, it was somewhere else..

Brushing off the fact that this was a terrible idea and that you could possibly put Frisk in danger, you thought that this would be MUCH safer than jumping down into a mountain.

Also thinking bout how Frisk might feel about this, you went to talk to him.

((Frisk's POV))

My name's Frisk and I got an older sister named Y/N. I was the baby in the house, now I'm the little man of the house.

It's been a few days since my parents died.. I'm still sad about it but if  Y/n can keep a smile on her face, I can too! Right? Right.  Anyway she's been looking a bit stressed, I hate how she hides her feelings but I know it's all for me. She's been looking for a proper job so that we both can earn money to help sustain the house.- OH she's smiling now, but it's a worried smile? I wonder if she found something.

"Hey Frisk? Come over here for a sec." I get up from my seat and walk over to her. "Yes?" "So there's good news and bad news, which would you like first?" I look at her confused for a second because obviously I'd choose the good news first. "Good." I answer. "Alright I've applied us both for a well paying job, and an exciting one at that." She smiled. Seeing her smile made me smile. "Bad news is that it's paying us in G's.  You know who uses that type of currency right??" My eyes widen in amazement, excitement and curiosity of what's to come. "Monsters?!" I think I sounded a bit to happy when giving my answer. She was giving me a weird look like "fuck it I guess he's on board!" I couldn't be any happier that I was finally going to the Underground!  All the people I'll see! All places I'll be! All the food down there! Blah Blah Blah! Blah Blah and Blah Blah! BLAH BLAH BLABBITY BLAH BLAH! Blah! BLAH! BLAAAAAH!