Chapter 14

Once upon a dreary eve...At midnight when all hopes and dreams had been lost...I who had been possessed by an apparition, spied a stately raven happen overhead...And with dreaming eyes quoth the raven... "That which is lost shall never return."

"Nevermore".

Red sat up gasping for air. Looking around, her panting ceased slowly when realization came to her that she was in her room. Beside her bed laid a book with the title, "Edgar Allan Poe". The sound of a door opening alerted her attention. Turning her head to the door, she spotted her adopted father poking his head in with his usual Cheshire cat grin.

"Hello, dearie. Are you feeling better?"

"Yes, indeed." Red said as she got up and looked for proper attire to wear for today.

"I must remind you that the little lord requested your attendance for the celebration of his birthday. Also, it appears you overslept a litt-."

A string of curse words went through the teenager's mouth as she dashed around the room like a bullet. In a mere five minutes, Red was in front of Undertaker with a somewhat fancy black dress.

Finishing tying a black ribbon for a headband, she asked, "Uncle Adrian, could you please call for a carriage?"

The reaper chuckled as he patted her head and went downstairs. After tidying her room, Red followed after the man.

Meanwhile, at the Phantomhive manor, Sebastian has poured his master a cup of tea for the morning.

"What of the day's schedule?" asked the young Earl.

"Today you must review documents sent from headquarters, the arrival of miss Red would be at noon, and in the afternoon, the Marchioness of Midford and Lady Elizabeth will be visiting. And young master's-"

"Damn!" shouted the teenager, completely cutting his butler off. "Begin preparations right away!"

"You do not need to hurry so. The Marchioness will be here this afternoon-" Once again, Sebastian was cut off.

"Fool!! We're talking about aunt Francis here!!"

Currently, in a carriage heading near the Phantomhive estate.

"You should have woken me up earlier." Red said as she fixed her gloves.

"Apologies, dearie. On the bright, we're almost there."

Looking out the window, Red saw a large manor coming into view. On the road of the courtyard, another carriage moved away out of sight from a girl in pink and an older woman.

Turning her head to her adopted father, Red asked, "I believe that is Elizabeth."