Chapter 81

The entire group sat and stood silently as they stared at Ciel with widened eyes from the mention of the name.

"Er...! Well..." Ciel struggled to speak, trying to think of something to say.

The mien of the P4 has suddenly changed!?, the young earl thought before he was startled by Edward's voice.

"If I recall, Derrick Arden is the son of Duke Clemens, right?" Edward asked.

"Y-Yes."

"I didn't expect you would know him."

"We played together many times when I was little." Ciel lied.

"Oh?" Cheslock said before breaking into a conversation with Edward.

The P4 clearly became uneasy the moment I mentioned Derrick's name. But their fags don't seem particularly concerned...? I'll try pressing them a little more, Ciel thought before making up another lie.

"In Derrick's letters, he said that he was residing in red house. So upon my arrival here, I was surprised to learn that he had been transferred to purple house."

Redmond held a blank stare at the young earl while Bluewer spoke.

"It took us some time to notice his true personality, you see." Bluewer said as he adjusted his glasses.

"He was my fag for a time as well...a very capable fellow." Redmond recalled.

"Quite." Greenhill agreed. "He was certainly talented...however..."

"He was peculiar, at the very least." Violet blankly stated.

"Peculiar"? The letter from the queen mentioned nothing of the sort..., Ciel thought as he frowned.

"I see. Purple house does take in eccen...that is, students who excel at one particular thing, after all." Ciel commented, fixing his mistake quickly. "What might Derrick's gift be?"

"I can't be certain, but in all likelihood, it is..." Bluewer said as he closed his book. "Memorisation."

"Cricket." Greenhill stated.

"Songwriting." Redmond commented.

"Embroidery." Violet said.

"Huh?" the young earl said, trying to think of the proper question to ask. "Er...?"

"In any case!" Redmond interrupted. "It was the headmaster's decision to transfer him."