Chapter 1

Hey hey it’s an actual chapter!! yaaaay (insert cheers and claps here)

sorry if the spacing stuffed up 

 Chapter 1

Rain.

This wasn’t just a drizzle of rain like it said on the forecast, it was absolutely bucketing down.

One step outside and you’d be soaked from head to toe.

I sighed and checked the time.

8:10

In 5 minutes time, I will be out there, in the cold, while it’s pouring rain. What a great way to start the school year. Dad doesn’t even bother to drive to me to school, let alone even bother to OFFER to drive me.

He hardly gives a shit about me ever since mum died. I do whatever I want, as long as I don’t cause trouble. I kid you not when I say he hasn’t even spoken a damn word to me since her passing. No good morning, not even a simple hello. But he’s still able to go about doing…. whatever he does. He goes to work, I go to school. It’s been the same routine everyday for a year and we’ve been going okay.

Dad and I are individuals, we rely on ourselves. If you need to get somewhere, you find a way by yourself. If you need a certain item on the grocery list, you get it yourself. You need cash for something other than home necessities? Well then, you need to go get a fucking job.

‘A job.’ I thought.

I needed a job, badly. If I ever wanted to leave this house and live by myself, I needed money. Money to pay for bills, groceries, rent etc. That’s what I’ve been busy doing for the past week, job hunting. I’ve had no luck so far.

I sighed and picked up my backpack. I walked outside, locking the door behind me and pulling my hood over my head. It was so cold that every time I breathed, a puff of fog would leave my mouth. I continued walking to school, with thoughts as bitter as this morning’s weather.

I got to school, soaked from head to toe.

Groaning, I pushed open the door to the senior corridor. To say the corridor was crowded is an understatement. Balls were flying everywhere, boys skating past you at 100 miles an hour, girls in little annoying clumps in the middle of the hallway, the occasional couple eating each others faces off against their lockers and this year’s nerd being dumped in the garbage bin head first.

I pushed past people on my way to my locker with my head down, not wanting to draw attention to myself. I made it to my locker, gripping onto my lock for support and breathing a sigh of relief.

Fuck that was nasty.

I opened my locker and shoved my books in, not caring if I damaged them in the process. Reaching into my pocket, I pulled out my timetable I collected earlier, quickly scanning what I had first.

Fox, Jayden // Senior Year

Period 1 – Psychology