Chapter 3: Trouble

After his short conversation with his brother, Daniel's friend Mike came over to them smiling and sat next to Daniel.

Cam looked over at the girl who waved at him and Cam waved back. "Cam this is Mika, she's a first year like us." Daniel explained.

"Hi." Was all Cam could muster up to say. He really didn't like talking to other people, especially if they were from a different house.

"Hey, you're a Slytherin right? So is my sister, Enola." Mika said as she began to ramble. Cam looked at the girl confused before looking at his brother.

Daniel shrugged and gave his best innocent look. "Mika an Enola were separated like us. Except they've never been close, so it didn't really bother them. Mika really wanted to meet you though." Daniel said as he shrugged Mika off his shoulder.

"Why?" Cam asked, not sure what else to say or do. Why would anyone want to meet him? Cam looked at Mika with a blank look. The girl smiled at Cam and held her hand out to shake. "It's nice to meet you Cam." She said. Cam took her hand and shook it gently. "It's Cameron actually. Nice to meet you too." He said as he took his hand back.

Daniel rolled his eyes at his brother and smiled at Mika as though he knew that Mika had other intentions then just being friends. Mika smiled at Cam and nodded once. "Cameron, that's a nice name." She said as a small blush appeared on her cheeks. Cam raised an eyebrow. "I guess it is." He said in a confused tone. He had never really thought about his name before, so it came as a surprise hearing that someone thought it was a nice name.
______________________________________________________________

After the little gathering in the Great Hall, and Daniel had helped Cam with his charms homework, Cam left the Great Hall and headed down to the dungeons to attend his potions class. He wasn't too bad at potions, but he wasn't the best. He needed to work on some aspects like measuring accurately and crushing ingredients properly, but he was still fairly decent at the class.

Cam walked into the classroom only to see that most of the seats were taken up and the only seat available was next to a Slytherin girl with blonde hair and amber eyes. Groaning, Cam made his way to the seat and sat down. He didn't say a word as he sat down and neither did the girl. They merely exchanged looks of apologies and turned their attention to the professor or in Cam's case his book.

Throughout the lesson, Cam drew in his workbook, not bothering to pay attention and not really caring about his studies. All he could focus on was his quill and book as he drew who knows what. By the end of the lesson, he had finished his drawing which turned out to be the scar on the back of his neck. The sunburst mark that had been carved into his need over a year before.

Cam stared at the book, taking in every detail as he tried not to freak out. It wasn't long before it got the best of him and just as the professor was dismissing the class, Cam stood and ran from the room with his stuff. He ran back to the Slytherin common room and past the few students who were there and up the stairs to his room.

He slammed the door close and collapsed on his bed just as a panic attack began. Cam had experienced panic attacks before, but always had someone with him to help him through it when they occurred. This time he was on his own.

Well so he thought. "Cameron? Are you okay?" A voice said from the shadowed bed next to his. Cam turned to face the voice, only to be met with Zero who was looking at him worriedly, with a book in his hands. Cam just shook his head as he struggled for breath.

Zero automatically stood up and moved to Zero. He slowly sat next to Cam and placed a hand on his shoulder. "You're having a panic attack, aren't you?" Zero asked to which Cam nodded. "Okay, it's going to be okay. Take deep, slow breaths and release slowly." Zero said calmly and rubbed Cam's back gently.