Chapter Ten: Hidden.

As months passed by, Cam had come to trust his uncle more. Brian never once told Mortem of Cam's whereabouts. Not even when Mortem had showed up demanding to search the manor.

Luckily, Cam had been out with his aunt and older cousin Josh. Although Josh was still a student, he had returned home temporarily to 'look after his sick mother'.
The lie granted him two weeks at home and Josh often came home during the weekends.

The day Mortem had charged into the manor, Cam was in New York City, exploring the big city with his over protective aunt and cousin.

"Where is he? I know Cameron was brought here, so do not even try to hide it!" Mortem yelled at his older brother. Brian remained calm and just stared at his brother like he had no idea what he was talking about.

"What are you talking about, Mortem? Did you not sell the boy?" Brain asked crossing his arms.

"Yes I did indeed, however I have just been informed that he was taken by the wrong people and then was taken from them." Mortem said angrily as he clenched his fists.

Brian sighed and shook his head. "How disappointing. For you that is. I cannot believe you sold your son. Do you not think Cameron has been through enough in his short life?" Brian said in a monotone voice.

He may have known what his daughter did to the young boy, but the murder of his sister and marrying at a young age, being made to grow up quicker than he was supposed to would have surely had some affect on Cam.

Being kidnapped after the death of his sister and at her wake of all places and times, that was seriously messed up. Even to Brian Salvatore.

But Brain also knew what happened to Cam during his time of captivity. The training and torture Cam endured, nearly dying from being poisoned with muggle chemicals, that was all too much for a twelve year old to go through without some kind of affect.

Cameron wasn't the same kid he had been when he first came home from Hogwarts. Cam used to be a quiet kid who would read constantly in his room or be out in the garden with his sister and brother. He was a happy kid, or so everyone thought.

When Cam came back from Hogwarts, he barely spoke to Jamie or Daniel. Even Rosella was pushed away. Cam locked himself in his room and refused to come out a part for meals and when his parents forced him to follow them around, which was most of the time.

Even now, Cameron had changed even more. He was quiet still, but the kid was obsessed with getting stronger and building his muscle back up.

Brian would often find him in the courtyard, going through training routines or sparring with Joshua.

Cam never spoke unless he was told or asked to. Brain had continuously told him that he could talk without needing permission, but the boy would just nod and stay quiet.

"It is not like you have not done anything bad." Mortem said with a smirk. "Do not dare bring that up." Brian said, getting defensive.

Mortem just smirked. "I have information about him if you wish to know. Not for free of course. For a price. Tell me where Cameron is and I will tell you what I know." Mortem said smirking and looking as though he had gotten his way.

Sadly for him, Brian shook his head. "Sorry, I cannot tell you what I do not know." Brain said with a small shrug.

Mortem clenched his fists more and apparated out of the house and back to his own home. Just in time too, because at the same time that Mortem left, Cam, Josh and Lynn arrived home. Cam froze as soon as he saw Brian and looked around.

"Where is he?" The twelve year old asked. "Relax, kid. He's gone. He just left. Why don't you and Joshua head out to the courtyard for a little while." Brian suggested. Cam just nodded and headed out with Josh.