Prologue

Before the first rays of light even hit the earth servants were already buzzing around the castle hard at work preparing for the coronation. Food had to be prepared, tables had to be set, silverware needed to be polished and security needed to be at its best. Everyone was up and filled with joy for the days events, they were all changing into their finest clothes and getting ready for the afternoon.

Meanwhile in the north wing of the castle a young girl was still asleep, she was the young princess who was soon to be queen. She was the last member of the royal family, the rest had died in a tragic accident when she was young, leaving the throne vacant for some years but now she would finally claim what was hers. Since she had been to young to ascend the throne a council was created and a prime minister was appointed to help advice her and make important decisions since she was still young. Little did she know that this man had been abusing of his power and status, passing laws that greatly affected the commoners in not so good ways but benefited the nobles. However, the princess planned on changing that and trying to fix what the prime minister had ruined nad help her people.

There was a faint knock on her door and immediately without having to see who it was she knew it was her most loyal guard and childhood friend. He had been with her since her family died and sworn to always be with her. Today she planned on making him head of the guards, even though he was not originally born in Saberseyes the people loved him and he was an excellent fighter. He walked in with a couple maids following closely behind ready to get her ready for the day and her coronation.

After a couple of hours she was ready for her long awaited coronation. Her guards walked her up to the dais and stood to her sides as she faced the priest, her back to her people. Everything had been going according to plan but then as the priest was about to place her crown upon her head there was a commotion outside. At the moment arrows started flying and bodies started dropping to the floor, people that she had never seen came rushing in with weapons killing anyone who got in their way. Her guards made a protective circle around her and led to her a secret door behind the dais. As she was about to close the door she slipped on a red substance that was on the floor. Before she good process what it was she was shoved into the secret passage that would lead to her chambers.When she turned around she noticed the door had been bolted shut from the outside leaving her trapped in the dark passageway. At first she thought she was alone but then a warm hand touched her shoulder assuring her that she was not alone. Her best friend was always with her even now. They walked down the dark eerie hall to her chamber in silence not sure what to say one another after what had just occurred.

As the princess reached her chambers her guard grabbed the weapons that they kept hidden in her room in case something happened. Meanwhile she packed her only necessities a change of clothes some cash and other things that would be useful as they fled the palace. She had changed from her long black gown thar she wore for her coronation into something that was easier to move in. Her guard tossed the princess her black sword and she strapped it to her waist. She looked at her room once more before they fled and saw a necklace her father had gifted her when she was younger. It had a beautiful black stone hanging from the chain, the stone was held in place by a wire that was inticituley moved around it. She decided to take it with her since it was the last gift she received from her father before he died.

Once they finished grabbing everything that was needed they left the princess's chamber and went to the stables to get some horse. The princes grabbed her black mare who only had a white star on her forehead which earned her the name of midnight. Meanwhile her guard grabbed his beautiful grey stallion. And with that they fled the castle. The princes vowed that she would return and reclaim her throne for she was Prince's Liliana Shadowin and rightful ruler of Saberseye and all shifters. With the help of her childhood friend Alexander Greywolf they would reclaim the throne. Little did the two know that fate had other plans for them before Liliana could reclaim her throne she would need to save the everyone and complete the prophecy that was given centuries ago to the first rulers. Her and nine other would be needed...

Ten keys were passed down by our ancestors the masters of elements to their ten descendents

Fire, water, air, and earth

Shadow and light

Life and death

A prophet and a healer,

They are the ten keys to unleashing a great power

Both good and bad

Light will be betrayed by a friend

Death will be forced to leave his home

Air's truth will be told

A healer will have lost everything

The prophet will lie, only to die

The earth will be turned against everything and everyone

Shadow will be questioned by everyone

Water will be tried for a crime he didn't commit

Fire will be outcast for who she is

Life will be forced to choose.

Shadow and Light are the turning point.