Chapter 9

Diana's POV

I leaned my hands on the balcony's railing, the wind lightly played within my dark hair as I closed my eyes but a moment to relish in the sounds around me. I imagined myself back on Themyscira, the sun warm on my face, the sound of the ocean waves crashing against the shore, and the smell of trees permeating my nostrils. When I opened my eyes again however, none of this was what I saw. What I saw was a vast futuristic skyline of buildings, the constant sounds of bustling aerial traffic and the whoops and hollers of patrons spreading for miles. We had been on this Viking planet for weeks now with still no glimmering hope for our departure. My hands began to grip the railing so fiercely that they were starting to form dents, the frustration was overwhelming at times when I thought about Earth and the turmoil it could be in. My hands immediately released the railing upon hearing that familiar booming voice behind me.

"I think these people will remember you quite well without the need to leave your hand print on an innocent piece of furniture," Thor said as I smiled to myself, my form turning to face him. He immediately stepped forward and pushed his body into my own, his hand snaking around to press into my lower back.

"What are you doing up so early?" he asked me as I let out a sigh, my forehead pressing against his own as he dipped his face toward mine.

"Every night that passes I become more and more restless. We have to get out of here Thor. Our people need us," I said, my eyes turning up to look at him with desperation. The past week had been a blur between continued training with the shield maidens, the on again off again fights with the Templars, and Thor and I's exploration of our new found relationship. I had learned to trust the Norseman, to allow myself to sink into him and just...be. Thor too let out a sigh before he spoke.

"I know, Diana. Gul assures me he has his best men working around the clock in an attempt to get us back home. We cannot do anything further, "he said as he lifted a hand to stroke my hair, his eyes roaming over my form, no doubt watching as the silky fabric of the dress I wore played with the wind.

"When we do leave, I would imagine you would first desire to go to Asgard?" I asked with intrigue, my eyebrows raising to the skies as Thor's blue eyes darted straight to my own.

"I keep forgetting we know little of each other's lives, of our worlds," he said with a smirk and took a step back, clearing his throat.

"The Asgard that I spoke of is no longer the Asgard. Many years ago, the events of Ragnarok came to pass and Asgard was completely destroyed. My father, Odin died and his powers passed onto me, I became King and I moved our people elsewhere...to New Asgard," he said his eyes finding my own again as I shrugged my shoulders.

"Well, where is this New Asgard?" I asked, reaching a hand out to grasp onto his own. I could tell that recalling this story was not entirely pleasant for him.

"Norway," he replied simply and it took a moment for this to process. I slowly narrowed my eyes and then my lips parted.

"So, you are saying that New Asgard is on...Earth?" I asked just to be certain I was not hearing things. Thor slowly nodded, a lopsided grin forming on his face.

"I believe there is a song that states something akin to, 'It is a small world after all'?" he said and I could not help but let out a small chuckle as I stepped forward, my hands placing atop his chest.

"So, what else have you gotten from your father?" I asked a bit mischievously as I played my fingers over the curves of his arm muscles. He rose a single eyebrow down at me before chuckling, himself.

"Well, Ragnarok caused me to lose an eye, just like him ironically," he said and I stopped all motions, my face contorting into confusion. I looked up at him to reassure myself that yes, he did in fact have two perfectly healthy bright blue eyes.