Really? Right in Front of My Baby?

Song of the Chapter:
the remedy for a broken heart - xxxtentacion
R.I.P 6.18.18 💙
Please excuse any mistakes.
_____________________

Omniscient POV (Aphrodite's)

Aphrodite picked up some breakfast on the way to Remi's workplace. She knew Remi didn't pick up anything to eat for herself so you know she had do it for her. Aphrodite got her a sausage and cheese McGriddle with strawberry jelly and a hash brown. She got her some coffee to go with it too. Hopefully Remi would like this. She got herself a sausage, egg, and cheese McGriddle and a hash brown as well with a cup of orange juice before making her way to Remi.

She made it to the hair shop. She got out with the food and locked the door on her way in. She pushed the door open and smiled at Remi. Remi looked up from the desk and immediately smiled at her. Although she smiled on the outside, Aphrodite knew that Remi was still hurt from the break up that occurred a week ago. "You mind if I sit behind the desk with you?", Aphrodite held up the food and drink and Remi nodded.

Aphrodite went behind the desk and set the food on the table. She pulled up a chair and sat next to her friend. "How you feeling, bae?"

"I'm getting better. The exercising that you recommended helped a little bit. But it might take a few weeks for me to forget him completely. Honestly, I don't know why I'm so in love..." Aphrodite could see that Remi was trying her best not to cry. She gave her a hug while she sobbed into her chest.

"Babe, it's okay..." Aphrodite trued her best to comfort her. She had a habit of helping others, but not helping herself.

Remi got up and looked at Aphrodite, wiping her tears that were streaming from her face. She chuckled and smiled weakly. "Look at me, being such a downer. How have you been, Jewel?" She called Aphrodite 'Jewel' because 'Aphrodite' was hard for her to pronounce for some reason.

"I've been great. Imani is growing up so fast."

"When am I gonna be able to see my baby again?" Remi asked with a smile on her face. It seems as if Imani brings the happiness out of everyone.

"Probably today. When I pick her up from daycare." Aphrodite responded as she glanced over at the people getting their hair done.

They spent about three hours talking to each other and gossiping about what's happening in town. Like Ira was found with Dontae fucking in the alley. Like....why?

___________________
Due to it being extremely hard to do omniscient pov (for me) I'm going back to First Person.
_______________

Aphrodite's P.O.V

I looked at the time and saw that it was 3:57. It was time to go get Imani. Damn, I've been sitting here talking to Remi for that long?

"It's about time to go get my baby." I said to Remi as I gave her a hug. She hugged me back before looking at me, giving me a look that asked 'Will I see you soon?' "I'll see you tomorrow or tonight." She immediately smiled and waved goodbye to me.

I walked out the door and went to go pick Imani up. I got in the car, only for it to act like it didn't want to start. "You have got to be fucking kidding me!" I twisted the key in a few more times before it finally decided to work. Diego's gonna have to look at that when I get home.

I drove over to the daycare about 10 minutes later and parked the car in front of the door. I rushed to the door, only to see that Ms. Renee was locking everything up. I didn't see my baby girl at all. "Ms. Renee, where's Imani?"

"Child, Diego came and got her an hour ago. He didn't tell you?" She locked up the door as I stood there trying to calm my ass down. I had completely forgot that I told him to go get her. Ms. Renee looked at me and chuckled. "It's alright... dear, is something else bothering you?" I immediately shook my head and smiled.

"I'm alright Ms. Renee. I'll call you when I get home and then we can catch up." I reassured her as I made my way to the car. She simply smiled at me before picking up her things and walking to her car as well.

I went home and got out of the car, locking it behind me. I barged into the house to see Diego and a few of his friends smoking blunts in MY HOUSE. "Nigga where the fuck is Imani?" I asked as I walked up to him.

"In her room playing with her toys, I think." Diego took another puff as his boys started erupting into laughter. It took all my strength not to slap him right then and there. He was supposed to be watching Imani. "Besides, where yo ass been all day?"

I rolled my eyes and put my hands on my hips. "I was with Remi all day. Considering the fact that she's going through a break up right now." I emphasized the last four words as I looked at her ex, Drake, who was sitting on my couch. Why the hell did he need to know my business anyway. I ain't unfaithful like he is.

As we were arguing, we heard little pats on the hardwood floors upstairs. Looking up the railings of the top floor now, Imani came into our sight as she smiled. I went up to her and picked her up. "Hey mommy's baby. My God, Diego. Why did you leave her up here by herself? You didn't even have the baby gate up for the stairs. What if she would've fell downstairs." I hugged her and gave her a kiss on the forehead. I don't know what I would do if Imani were to get hurt in any way. "You wanna go see Auntie Jackie?"

"You ain't taking my baby over there no damn more!" He got up and charged at me as I backed up with Imani in my arms, holding her as tight as I could. Some of his boys got up and held him back and his best friend, Will, came to me and led me out the house. He put me in his car and looked at me.

"Stay here. Don't move." He left and closed the door. I sat there and held Imani tight, holding back my tears while they tried their best to calm Diego down.

________________________
Will's P.O.V

I went back in the house and saw Diego trynna go out the door. Despite our efforts to try to calm him down, nothing worked. "Calm yo ass down man! It ain't that serious!" Drake yelled at him.

"I swear to God, I was about to put my hands on her!" Diego started turning red in the face and he was huffing like a bull. We all stood there and looked at him in shock.

"You was 'bout to put yo hands on a woman. Especially one like Aphrodite? Mane, you trippin' trippin'." Alex said as he walked out of the house. Soon after, two more of our boys did the same. So that left Diego, Drake and I in the living room.

We sat Diego down on the sofa and patted his back. "Calm down, bruh."

"I am calm, nigga!" Diego exclaimed, causing us to jump a little. This boy was not calm at all.

"If you got a temper like this..." Drake rubbed his temples and took a deep breath. He looked at Diego and said, "then I don't know how the hell you gonna make it in the trap."

Diego actually calmed down a little bit and looked right back at Drake. "I can control my temper. It's just that... it's Aphrodite! She just strikes a nerve that makes me get that angry."

As those two were talking, I sat there and thought about what just happened. The way he just randomly decided to barge at her. With their baby in their hand. That's kind of twisted. Something ain't right here, and I'm going to find out what it was. Speaking of Aphrodite, I needed to get her out of the car.

I got up and went out the door, going straight to my car. I opened my door and saw that Aphrodite moved Imani out of the way and she flinched. Yeah, something definitely isn't right here.

"Diego calmed down and the weed smell is gone, you can come in now." I smiled at her as I offered to help carry Imani in the house.

"I got it. Thank you though." She gave me a smile in return before walking in the house with Imani in her hand. Aphrodite is quite the woman.

__________________
Shorter than the last chapter, but that's okay. I'mma write more for chapter 4 😊

-UrbanRoseWater.