Look Who's Here

Song of the Chapter:
FAVORITE MISTAKE - Giveon

Please excuse any mistakes.
_________________
Candi's POV

"This shit is YO FAULT!" Will said into the phone as he paced around the waiting room. He, along with me, Justice, Alex and Drake, were all in there waiting for the doctor to come in with any sort of news. Bay unfortunately had to leave, and said he had to handle something. Aphrodite and the paramedics weren't in the operation room for super long, but everyone was getting anxious.

"You should have never made her come to the club in the first place. You could chose ANY other girl." Will continued yelling with whoever was on the other end. He doesn't want to admit it, but he really likes Aphrodite.

Looking at the other side of the room, I saw Justice and Alex cuddled up with each other and they both were dosing off. Drake was staring off into space as if he were in deep thought. "You good?" I asked him, somehow making him jump a little. Damn, he must have been DEEP deep in those thoughts.
"I'm good, babygirl." He smiled softly at me as I cringed mentally. He did not sound right saying that name as sad as he sounded but I'll give him an exception tonight.

"That's a lie, you over here thinking hard as hell, however, I can't blame you since I'm a bit unsettled myself." I said turning away, fidgeting a bit.

"It's just too much shit going on and ian think some like this would happen to her, it just kind of added on." He said still looking off.

"I feel ya but I believe she's gonna pull through, ain't no reason to stay sad about it since shit happens."

"You sounding a lil too optimistic for my tastes." He said and I could see him finally turning to look at me from the corner of my eye.

"Sometimes you need to in these situations, I'm a bit indifferent when it comes to these things but that's because i'm always hoping for the best or at least trying to manifest it ya know, maybe you should try it, you'll be surprised at how well it works or at least say a prayer," I said looking back at him and taking his hand, "Come on, give me ya other hand."

I took his hand before he said anything and began to pray not only for the situation at hand but for him as well, which I could tell was much needed for him in this case.

"In Jesus name, I pray, Amen." We both said at the end.

"Thank you Candi, i'm not gone sit here and lie like I didnt need it, I feel kind of relieved in a way."

"Anytime Drake, i'll be here for you." I said he smiled back at me while looking in me eyes.

"Whew shit" I thought as I felt my face getting flushed.

Before I could get another word out of my mouth, someone stopped through the door. I looked up and saw that Alyssa girl come in, along with another girl following up behind her. The girl behind her had on an oversized t-shirt and some shorts on. I looked over at Justice who was already awake. We gave each other the look before directing our gazes back to Alyssa.

"What the hell happened to my baby?" Will, Drake, Alex and the girl behind her looked at her with confusion.

"Baby?" Alex and Drake said collectively and in shock.

"The hell you mean 'yo baby'??" Will said looking at her up and down.

"So you been f-" The girl behind her shut her mouth and crossed her arms.

Justice huffed and rolled her eyes as I looked over and said, "Look at what the cat dragged in. And it looks like your brought Miss Mamas in here with ya." I slouched a little bit, glaring at Alyssa as she just looked around at everyone in shock.

The girl looked over at me and and I assume was about to say something, but Alyssa shushed her real quick. Alyssa whispered something to the girl and then looked over at me. "Her name is Daria, first of all. And se-"

"Honestly we don't even wanna hear it, I called you twice and Candi called you three times. It's a shame that we had to text you." Justice said as she shook her head in disappointment. "And the fact that we contacted you TWO hours ago is baffling."

"It's the 'just had rough sex' hair for me." I said as I picked up my water and sipped it. "But anyways, she's still in surgery right now."

Alyssa just nodded and took a seat across from everyone else. The girl named Daria joined her and started scrolling on her phone. This is going to be a longgggg night.

______________
Diego's POV
______________

I can't believe I just shot my wife. I was trying to shoot the bitch nigga that dragged her to the back of the club, but her stupid ass got in the way. And I really skipped out on the assignment for this, Rosco and Will are going to be pissed at me. Speaking of the devil.

My phone lit up and Rosco's name popped up on the phone. I connected the phone to my car with Bluetooth and answered. "Speak." I sniffed and rubbed my nose, still feeling a stinging sensation from earlier.

"Hm, hey Diego, how are you doing on this fine Saturday?" He sounded extremely calm, so I just went along with it.

"I'm doing great, I actually didn't realize that it was Sa-"

"YOU KNOW THAT'S NOT WHY I CALLED YO GHOST ASS." Rosco yelled into the phone, making me jump a little. Yep, there goes the anger I was expecting. "Well, there's a small reason as to why-"

"You know, at first I thought there was a legitimate excuse as to why you didn't show up. Cause you know, this deal was going to make or break our flow." He said, as he interrupted me, "I got a report that someone had shot a young woman, named Aphrodite. Does that name sound familiar to you?"

Before I could answer, he continued, "I'm sure it is very familiar. I heard that the same someone that shot Aphrodite, was also trying to shoot James. Ya know, James, also known as Bay."

"So not only did you almost fuck up your original assignment, but you also FUMBLED AN UNRELATED MISSION. This is not gonna fly, Diego." I gulped as I made a right turn into the driveway. I parked the car and listened to Rosco.

"You're either gonna fix this shit or you're about to get fucked up. I mean either way you're gonna get fucked up, you got Flocka on our asses and yours."

"Yeah yeah, I'll fix it later. I'll talk to you later, I gotta handle something." Before Rosco could protest, I hung up on his ass and got out of the car. Locking the car door, I walked up to the front door of the house and knocked.

"Derekkkk. Jackieeee. Open up." I waited for what seemed like forever and they still didn't come to the door. So I banged a little harder.

"OPEN UP AND GIVE ME MY DAUGHTER!"

______________

Heyyyyy... hey 😃 how y'all doin?

I updated 😽

I know it's been like over a year but better late than never, right? Life's been hectic.

But there's plenty of more to come, my roses 🌹

- JaneasRose