Again.

Song of the Chapter:
ThknBoutU💞

Please excuse any mistakes.
_________________

I strapped Imani into the seat as Alyssa hopped in the car. After I got in we started driving to wherever Alyssa needed to go to. But first, we stopped at the gas station. "You need anything, baby?"

I chuckled at the nickname as I shook my head. "I'm sure Imani would like some Cheeto Puffs though."

"Gotcha." She got out of the car and walked inside the store. But before I could play with Imani, my phone rang. I answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Aphrodite. Right?" What the hell, this sounds like Rosco.

"Mhm. Who this?"

"I'm disappointed that you've forgotten my voice, dear. This is Rosco." I rolled my eyes and huffed.

"What do you want, Matter fact, how the hell you get my number?"

"Don't worry about all that, just know I have my ways of doing things. Just like I have my way of knowing how you're going to love doing another mission for me."

"I TOLD you I wasn't doing an-

"And I thought I told you what would happen if you refused my requests."

"Well since i'm not with Diego, I didn't think I would have to do your dirty work.", I said hoping he would just let me go.

"Hm that's a nice way of thinking about it, but you know once you get in the game it's hard to get out of it."

"You forced me in this MESS, remember?"

"Ahhh Aphrodite what you call a mess, I call a job....a job that gets me money, a job you still have to fulfill, a job that you need to do in order to keep Armani's life.", he said and I gasped, tears starting to cloud my eyes.

"It's IMANI. What does my CHILD have to do with this, any damn way?"

"Apparently a lot of her life is on the line, i'll give you a minute to think about it so text me back in five ok, time is money.", he said hanging up the phone.

I stared at my phone, tears streaming down my face at what Rosco just said about Imani. Hearing Alyssa's laugh, I looked out the window to see Alyssa talking with some girl outside the store and I quickly looked in the mirror trying to wipe my tears away even though my eyes were still red. I saw that she was now heading to the car and I tried to think of a reasonable excuse of what to say.

"Sorry it took so long, I was tal- what's wrong?", she asked giving me the chips.

"I was trying to throw something out the car and as I was about to close the door, I accidentally shut my finger in the door."

"Oooookkkk, are you ok?", she said confusingly and I nodded my head. "Oh and actually, there were a change of plans. So we're going home."

She then started the car and began our drive home and I picked up my phone and began to text Rosco that i'll do whatever the mission was.