Chapter 2: Dawn of Lightning

When I came down the stairs, Bit greeted me with a smile and a green balloon.

 “Morning birthday boy! Hope you slept well! We have to get going we some big surprises for you today! Sit down, we made pancakes, eggs, waffles, french toast, bacon, and sausage. We didn’t know what you would want and now there’s a ton of food for all of us anyway!” Bit sounded like he was in a rush. I opened my mouth to tell him to calm down, but he just pushed me into the kitchen. Suddenly all of my senses went into overdrive. Food was everywhere. I’m a huge food fan, so this was awesome. Everywhere I turned was breakfast food.

 After eating until I almost exploded, I got dressed and took a shower, not in that order of corse. I then got blindfolded and pushed into a car.

 “Having fun yet?” Par was being sarcastic again. Sometimes the only way to answer his sarcastic-ness, is to reply with more sarcasm. We had a sarcasm war until we both got yelled at for being obnoxious. So, we decided to be more annoying and start a pun war.

 “Oh my gosh, shut up! Just let me drive in silence.” Dad started yelling. We both shut up at that point.

 Mini-golf, my favorite pass time, besides writing of course. I am the king of mini-golf. When we walked in the darkness was overpowering, and so was the smell of that cleaner that they use to clean felt and stuff like that. Everything was glow in the dark and there were plastic monsters everywhere. At least, I thought they were plastic. The lady at the desk looked like she had fangs, but you never know with all the ridiculous trends and fads. I didn’t think twice, but she did give me an uncomfortable feeling. We walked into the area where the course was, let me remind you we are in an enclosed space because that makes what happened next, all that more scarry. Par tapped my shoulder and pointed to a strange looking troll in the corner. It started to get up from the little chair it was on. This thing was at least 6 feet tall and had more flesh than I ever thought possible.

 “ONYX ASHER! I have come for you.” It yelled over the sounds of the screems from the others. Well shiz. All I could do was lift the golf club and hit him in the shins, repeatedly, with a golf club, in a mini golf place. This was strange. I never thought I would ever have to write that, but it’s true. The troll guy, let’s call him george, picked me up and swung me around like a ragdoll. I just went limp and made it as difficult as possible to throw me. By now the doors were locked and everyone had gotten out of their shock. They started swarming him while I tried to bite him.

 “This is not what I had in mind!” I yelled down.

 “Yea, this kind of sucks. Happy birthday anyway.” Dad yelled back up. I finally managed to grab a chunk of skin and I reached for my knife. It wasn’t there.

 “Par, knife!” I yelled reaching as far as I could go. Par tossed my knife and accidently slashed the monster in the eye. I grabbed it and ripped it out of the eye, taking the eye with it. I scraped it off on the monsters arm. The monster howled in pain and as I was dropped I stuck my knife into his chest and made myself dead weight. I touched the ground and ripped my knife out then joined the rest of the battle.

 Needless to say, My birthday was an awesome disaster. Did it suck, kind of. Did I get massively hurt and almost died, yea. Would I do it again? Of course I would! I had fun and I got to fight a giant. So it was pretty good, I guess!