Chapter 13

We were a mess.

Melissa’s hair was a bit tangled and had some strands of hair going up wildly around. Her dress certainly won’t be used after today either with some parts of it being ripped up by the stress the seams were put through. And her makeup wasn’t any better.

I guess, I also looked the same with my clothes not being in the same condition as when I came in. My hair was a mess too. But it wasn’t something that I couldn’t fix with my hands.

We were heading back to the gym when I heard Jake’s voice.

<GUYS. We found the entrance to the Yeerk Pool by accident and now Cassie’s in trouble.> The thought speak was faint, but it was uninterrupted. They must be somewhere in the school. But I couldn’t do anything right now, I couldn’t though speak and I couldn’t think of an excuse to leave Melissa right now.

“I’m going to the restroom to fix myself up. I’ll see you back in the gym,” the god’s must’ve been paying attention to what was going on.

I watched as Melissa turned the corner, then I checked all the classrooms until I found one unlocked. I placed a trash can to stop the door from closing when I began to morph.

The process felt a little bit faster. I guess the more you morphed, the easier it got.

<Where are you guys?> I asked.

<There’s a staircase…> before I got to hear the rest, Rachel and James walked into the room.

It would’ve been a scene to behold. A Jaguar sitting on top of a nest of shredded clothes staring calmly at a girl and a boy. One of which was just about ready to piss their pants. One guess at who it was. Yep. It was James. The little shit was a coward. I just held my gaze with him as he began to tremble. Rachel was just staring at James too, calmly with a slight smirk forming on the corners of her lips. I just licked my chops to further freak James out. I don’t think anyone would be able to stand a predator licking their lips after all.

“There’s….a—there’s a… Cheetah, in,” and just like that, he dropped to the floor, face first. I waited a few seconds before proceeding to piss on his face. That woke him up and sent him barreling down the hall screaming like a madman.

<You know. I never understood why people often think Jaguars are Cheetahs. I mean, sure we’re all the same colour. And our patterns look similar. But we are completely different animals. Cheetahs are smaller and are more built for speed. Jaguars, on the other hand, are much bigger and muscular. We can tear other animals to pieces and… What?> Rachel was looking at me with a stern look.

“Jake? Remember?” she opened the door.

<Oh yeah, I forgot. Sorry.> I apologized.

I trotted behind her as she leads the way. I didn’t hear where Jake said they were, but I guess Rachel knew.

“Thanks for that though,” Rachel smiled.

<No problem. I don’t like James anyway. I’d think he’s a controller were it not for him not jumping and shouting about Andalites the moment he saw me. So I guess he isn’t the worst person.>

“Well. Bad person or not, he’s a jerk. And I very much enjoyed him pissing his pants at seeing you on top of shredded clothes. I think that he thinks you murdered someone,” she chuckled.

We stopped at the entrance to the janitor’s closet next to Chapman’s office. I noticed something strange was going on with the door as I sniffed around. There was a sour smell wafting out and I could feel a breeze coming from the crack on it. I pawed at the doorknob but my paws just slipped off. I looked at Rachel as I sat down and curled my tail around me.