Chapter 20: Breaking the Rules

(Rena's POV)

I stepped out of Isaac and Keith's dorm; he had just hung up on Melody and turned in for the night. Despite it being nine in the evening and a Wednesday night, I had no intention of turning in for the night anytime soon.

Instead of going back to my dorm room, I turned left and began walking down the staircase. The odds of Rhythimi worrying about me not being in my bed are pretty high, so I better make sure to be back before she wakes up at six in the morning tomorrow morning.

I pulled out my cell phone from my pocket and hit the number one on my speed dial, holding it close to my ear as I kept walking towards the front of the school.

Ring Ring!

...

Click!

"Hello?"

"Ice, I need a favor. How fast can you get here?"

"I'd say about twenty minutes give or take, depending on traffic. ...am I going to like this...?"

"Probably not."

________________________________

"You want me to do WHAT!?" Ice dropped his jaw in shock, stepping out of the limousine out front of the Ranger School.

"You heard me." I quickly ran down the front steps to the school and slipped through the bars of the front gate, meeting up with Ice on the other side. "Did you bring what I asked?"

"Well, yeah..." Ice grumbled, shoving the duffel bag I had asked him to bring into my arms. "The boss is not going to like this..."

I stepped past Ice and slipped into the back seat of the limousine. "And that's exactly why you're not going to tell him."

Ice just gawked at me, getting inside and sitting in the seat next to me. He closed the car door hard. "What!? Are you kidding me? What am I supposed to say if he asks questions?" Ice panicked, a little paranoid. "Did you even think of that!?"

"I'm a pro, of course I did." I just scoffed. "If he asks, you just tell him that we snuck out to case out the Dazzle Mansion next door in advance."

"Yeah, except that we're not doing that at all and we're going to the Gram Bell Mansion..." Ice muttered curses under his breath, crossing his arms tightly across his chest.

I tapped on the window that separated the back seat of the limousine from the driver's front half. "Drive." I commanded the driver to get going.

The roar of the engine echoed through the air, and we swiftly slipped deep into the night.

I immediately opened up the duffel bag and grabbed the black jump suit out of it, starting to change into it.

"Wah...!?" Ice gawked, holding his breath. "You're just going to change right here!?"

I stopped pulling off my sleeves half way. "Yeah? Problem?"

Ice's face reddened, and he just shook his head. He covered his face with his hand and pressed his cheek against the car's window. "You're lucky I'm a gentleman."

I just scoffed. "If that's what you call a condescending prick, then yes you are one."

"Hey!"

"What? Just saying."

"Oh would you just get dressed already!"

"I AM doing that. Yeesh..."

I zipped up the front zipper to my black jumpsuit and grabbed the black boots out of the bag, then traded them out with my Ranger School boots. Folding my school uniform and boots into the duffel bag, I set it down at the bottom of the seat and slipped a pair of black gloves over my hands. I secured my hair with a hair tie, quickly braiding it into one long braid in the back that reached my lower back. What...? My hair is long...