Chapter 21: Only You

(Third Person POV)

"WHAT?! YOU'RE KIDDING!"

"OH COME ON! MR. KINCAID, THAT'S NOT FAIR! I DID NOTHING! IT WAS ALL KEITH'S FAULT!"

"HEY, RENA! DON'T JUST RAT ME OUT LIKE THAT!"

"IF IT MEANS I DON'T HAVE TO BE STUCK WITH YOU IN DETENTION FOR SIX HOURS I WILL SO DO IT!"

"TRAITOR!"

"JERK!"

"KNOW-IT-ALL!"

"CONDESCENDING PRICK!"

"SCREW YOU, BLUE EYES!"

"STUPID PRINCE CHARMING!"

"CHILDREN, SILENCE!" Mr. Kincaid growled at the two students at a loud volume, placing his hands on their shoulders and forcibly separating them from each other. "You are BOTH going to detention and right NOW!"

"Aww..." Keith sulked his shoulders just a little bit. "It was just a little prank, Mr. Kincaid, honestly!" Keith held his hands up in defense. "I didn't mean for it to get this out of hand!"

Mr. Kincaid did not look amused as he flashed Keith a piercing glare. "Well, perhaps you should have thought of that before you did this to my classroom." Mr. Kincaid rested his hand on the doorknob and slowly twisted it, pushing the door open for the two students to see.

Both the nineteen and seventeen-year-old sweatdropped at the sight of the destroyed classroom. An ink bomb that Keith had hooked up to the classroom's ceiling fan had exploded prematurely and got out of hand, covering the entire classroom in black Tentacruel ink instead of just Mr. Kincaid's desk, which was the intended target (hence the 'intended' part). Mr. Kincaid had immediately decided it was either Keith or Rena who pulled this prank, and he really didn't care too much to find out which one of them actually did it, so he just decided to punish both of them. Even though he was supposed to be working with Deveraux, that didn't necessarily mean he had to like her. And besides, in Kincaid's mind, he saw this as an opportunity for the two to bond, so in the end he technically was supporting the mission.

"Here." Mr. Kincaid handed both teens a bucket with water and wash cloths, wearing a twisted, amused smirk across his face. "Have fun cleaning up my classroom for the next several hours. I expect it to be spotless by the time you're done."

Both teens let out a groan of protest before trudging into the ruined classroom. Mr. Kincaid took a seat at his surprisingly untouched desk, half paying attention to the students cleaning up his classroom. And by half paying attention, I mean he wasn't paying attention at all, since he could care less.

Keith started on the desks, while Rena began mopping up the floor. In all of her years of thieving, training, and fighting, she had never come across a punishment that was something like...this.

Rena shot Keith a resentful glare. "This is all your fault," she sneered at him.

"Well sorry for getting you dragged into this, Princess Blue Eyes." Keith threw his immediate sarcasm right in her face, snapping at her ever so slightly.

Both teens clicked their tongues in disgust at the other, dwelling in their bitter moods. Hours passed by slowly, and the ink wasn't getting cleaned up very easily. It mostly just got spread around when the two teens tried to wipe it up, so their cleaning process was slowed down by this tremendously.

"This...is brutal." Rena glared down at the floor she was trying to desperately clean, letting out a harsh sigh.

"Tell me about it." Keith rolled his eyes, scoffing a little.