Part 5

"Rise and shine, turtle ducks."
"Turtle ducks?"
"Uncle, there is no time for your gimmicks." Zuko growled and turned to face the ground. It was then I realized his arm was slung over my waist and his body was far closer to mine than it had been last night. He was holding me. I blushed madly as he realized the same thing. I felt his arm freeze. His whole body stiffened. Unsure on how to react. Iroh held a gleeful smile as he turned to his tea kettle.
"I made some more tea. This time it's chamomile."
"Ah yes, tea." His hand moved away swiftly as I sat up.
"Tea sounds wonderful, Iroh." Iroh handed me a cup. I caught Zuko's eye then quickly looked away. We were both blushing.
"Zuko, do you wish to hear our master plan to get you the Avatar?"
"You agreed with this?" He asked me, knowing full well I saw no point in his mission for honor.
"All this experience with the Avatar and new people makes you a superior bender who is well learned. Going up against Northern water tribe warriors may further your expansive skills and sharpen your wit or open your mind to new techniques. I see benefit in this expedition and of course, I'd never let you do something this dangerous alone." He got excited. "You know I'm always going to be there for you, Zuko." He smiled and shook his head, trying to quell his excitement.
"Thank you _____. It means a lot that you will aid me to capture the Avatar." I forced a smile. One day he'll see what's important. I told myself.
"Admiral Zhao offered me a position as his General," he told Zuko of our plan and Zuko agreed.
"How do we find Zhao?"

*****
A fleet of ships looking to be an armada wasn't that hard to find. Go figure.
"Just take out two of them and take their outfits."
"Or we could sneak on board and steal the ones for new recruits."
"That would be wiser." Iroh added.
"Oh whatever, let's go." I stated and watched as the guards turned in their routine. "Iroh, go ask to see Zhao. When they are distracted, we'll sneak on." He nodded in acceptance and walked off towards the two men. The moment their attention was turned to Iroh, I swung up the rope and lassoed one of the spikes near the back of the ship.
"Hurry." Zuko lended me his hand and I jumped up as high as I could then shimmied upwards. He came up after me and we clambered on board.
"Masks on first." I told him when we got into the main area.
"For me yes. You better suit up first so we don't look suspicous."
"Is this the storage room?"
"Yes." I began disrobing immediately and grabbed a fire Navy suit.
"__-_____!" He stuttured out my name.
"Yes??"
"Shouldn't you wait till I'm gone?"
"Well we're in a hurry aren't we?" I retorted and slipped on my pants over my white undergarments. A guard walked by.
"Cadette, what are you up to?"
"Sorry sir, my suit did not fit me properly and I found it distracting to fight in."
"Oh." He seemed a little embarrassed and then noticed Zuko.
"You two can save the funny business for when we get back to the fire nation. We are on a serious mission."
"We're sorry for the disturbance, sir. We just figured since the boats hadn't left port yet-"
"Save it. Get dressed and get back to work, don't let me catch you again."
"Yes, sir." We both stated and saluted. He went on his way and I giggled.
"What's so funny?" Zuko barked. "We have ourselves identified now."
"Oh please, the suits will take care of that. I just think it's funny he thought we did the no pants dance."
"Excuse me?"
"The no pants dance." I stated again and pulled my top over my head. He seemed confused. I raised my eyebrow. "Zuko," I crooned and walked over to him. Two fingers walked up his chest as I teased him. "When a boy and a girl love each other very much," he blushed madly and pulled away.
"Nevermind nevermind I get it." I laughed greatly then covered my mouth.
"Come on, we've taken up too much time with this."
"Split up. We don't know if Zhao will accept Iroh's proposal. Keep an eye on him."
"Right." We split ways and I caught up with a patrol.
"Hey, we're on our way to the soldier's quarters. You a new recruit?"
"Yes ma'am." I stated and saluted.
"Ease up, it's only like that with the admiral around. Come on with us to our quarters."
"Sure thing." I skipped up to walk in pace behind them.

*****
We blended in and got reports from Iroh of locations. We were going to seize the North Pole. Zuko devised his own plans and Iroh insisted that I give my input. But Zuko wanted to do it on his own. When the time came, he asked me to come with him. Iroh hugged us both and whispered several words to me for keeping Zuko and the spirits safe, he said he feared for the safety of the moon and revealed to me it's physical form. I promised I would do my best. He cried as we lowered the boats and I blew a kiss.