Chapter 8 - Starbucks Breakdown

Starbucks Breakdown

Chapter 8

Why can't I be lucky? Why does every bad thing have to hit me? Am I a spot for trouble or something. I should've known my mum never wanted me. The way she treats me, the way she doesn't treat me at all.

I hate my life. I. Hate. My. Life.

I go back to my room, and I put the diary in my pocket.

Wait. Maybe that's what she meant. This is what my grandmother meant!

Go till the end and you will get what you deserve.

I got it. The truth! Altough my heart says that there still is more. I should have to find out.

I want to tell someone about it. I want to let my heart out. Should I call Connor? I can give it a try.

Peep. Peep. Peep. Peep.

"Connor speaking."

"HeythisisSarahanddon'thangupjustlisten" I say my sentence as fast as possible, so I don't give him the chance to hang up.

He sighs, and I hear his brain working on turbo mode.

"Listen. I will meet you at Starbucks in five. I don't have much time."

Before I can answer, he has hung up the phone.

Starbucks in five it is then.

I walk to the hall and grab my jacket. I put my wallet in my pocket and grab the keys of my new bike. I yell a bye to my empty house. I don't know why I keep doing that. Everytime I just really hope my mum would be home and tells me to take care, and tells me not to be late for dinner. Sigh.

I grab my bike, and I step on it. I cycle through our neighborhood, and I realise this is the elite. The harsh, social, elite. Not like Gossip Girl though. That'd be a bit too exaggerated.

Starbucks is really close to my house, and that's great. I am addicted to Starbucks. I especially like ice frappuchino with extra caramel. Oh heck yes.

I enter Starbucks, and I push the door open. I look around, to see if Connor has already arrived. I let my eyes analyze the people who are in here, but I don't notice Connor.

I see two fashionable girls, a man who obviously works in an office including suit, another bunch of business people, some guy with sunglasses and a hoodie, and a few regular persons.

I frown, Connor is never late. Oh well. I walk to the bar and stand in the line waiting for someone to take y order. When it's my turn, someone grabs my shoulder and whispers in my ear : "Get me a cappuchino please." I see the guy with the sunglasses and the hoodie standing behind me. Why the hell is he covering himself?

Okay. I notice Connor's voice, and I wait for the girl who helps me.

"What's your name?" She asks, and helds a big black marker in front of two cups.

"My name is Sarah, and this is Conn-" before I can finish, Connor cuts me off.

"My name is Sean." He says, and coughs loudly. The girl takes the cup to the back, and helps someone else. I look at him, wondering why he didn't say his own name.

He waves it away, and when our cups our done, we take it to the back.

"Tell me." He says, and takes a sip of his cappuchino.

I sigh and I am still wondering why he acts this way.

"Well, you first explain what is going on here. You got me quite confused lately." I say, and he starts playing with his fingers. He looks a little insecure, and I rub with my hand over his arm. He sends me a little smile, and he takes a deep breath. Here it comes.