CH 1: Schedule Change

CHAPTER ONE

Anthony's POV

Change. It's something I loathe in life. Having everything in order and going according to schedule is the way I live. MY way of life. I don't think I'm uptight, some seem to disagree but I really don't care. I'm 30 years old; why should I change for someone else?

The one thing I loved about the Hartford Hawks hockey club is the preciseness in the schedules and how almost everything went according to plan.

I said "loved" because that all changed when I was injured during a game and severed tendons and muscle in my left shoulder. It fucking hurt so badly that I was cursing in French. I'm from Quebec, Canada and with French being my native tongue, I didn't take long for that to set it. I'm sure it was a sight to see.

I've undergone three surgeries to correct all of the damage and I'm blessed that I'll actually be able to play hockey again in about four months. Now it's all about my recovery and post-operative care which leads me to where I am now.

My life is constantly changing and my stress level can attest to it. I'm not a fan of suspense, I leave that to my fictional suspense writers also known as my parents. But I'm still forcefully undergoing change.

Change. My schedule and regular habits are changing once as of today. At the suggestion of my surgeon and sports physician, I was referred to a "zen studio" to help with relaxation and movement. I've never been to one but it sounds like a place where hippies smoke cannabis and Asian philosophers run the damn place. Not my type of place by any means.

Arriving, I survey the surroundings and notice the lush trees and water and fish. It's fall, why are fish outside?! Yep hippies would love this place unless they inhabit it already. That would explain the strange sights I must ensure. Chuckling at my humor, I make my way in and spot a receptionist who's a teenage boy with jet black hair and appears to be of Asian heritage. He's in a sweatshirt and sweatpants. Where's the professionalism?

"Sir do you have an appointment?" His voice is so deep for someone of his age.

"Uh yes. My name is Anthony Claveaux" he types something into the computer.

"You're right on time. From what is on your file, your sessions will be lead by the owner Ms. Randall. I'll take you her room." I follow the kid and secretly search for those hippies. I don't find any though.

"Please make yourself comfortable, she'll be with you shortly. Oh! And please complete this questionnaire." He hands me a clipboard and a pen then disappears leaving me alone is the cozy room. The walls are a bright violet with green, blue, and pale yellow. The room has mahogany wood floors and with a room to my left with the door closed.

It's pretty, but judging from the slippers on the floor, it's treated like a home.

I roll my eyes at the thought. As long as I have some disdain towards things, my shyness and anxiety doesn't peek through. That would be absolute worst-case scenario.

I quickly fill out the questions and sit waiting for my appointment. Shit, I don't even know what I'm getting myself into! I'd much rather be playing hockey, I think while I sulk.

"Love I know once you've found me you'll wrap yourself all around me..." I hear a female alto voice singing behind me so I turn to look. My breath is lost as my eyes settle upon a goddess with dark chocolate skin.

"Mr. Claveaux?"

*Hey guys! This is the start of another book in the Hartford Hawks series! What do you think so far?

From what you can tell, do you like Anthony's personality?

Let me know what you think!

Thanks and much love :)

•Deeja