It Comes Out

Aunt Patty has been gone for about a week and it keeps playing in my mind, the fact that she did care enough to ask what was wrong. I have never had anyone besides Aaron to care for me. Aunt Patty left a message for me on our answering machine asking for me to call her when ever I'm ready. Dad played the message early this morning and woke me up, "What's she talking about Jodie? If you can talk to her you can talk to me." I didn't even acknowledge that he had said anything because I was still groggy from waking up at 6 a.m. . Dad left me alone for about an hour then he came in with cold water and poured it on my face yelling, "We ain't got all damn day!"

      "Aunt Patty loved me, still loves me, but I didn't trust her. I need to tell her tonight, whenever Dad's asleep" said Jodie. So I waited 'till about 10 (which is when my Dad decides to get drunk and watch Conan) and I dialed her number and had a ring, but no answer. I waited anxiously by the phone and finally it rang. I caught it on the first ring so Dad would bust a blood vessel and take it out on me.

      "Aunt Patty I want to say thank you for caring for me so I need to tell you something". "Well honey I have been waiting *haha* go on ahead and tell me everything" said Patsy. "Ok" Jodie continues, "So ever since Mom died he has been drinking, beating me and Aaron... He just lets him go out and do whatever" starts to cry silently. "Well have you prayed on this" says Patsy; "You need to ask God what he wants from you". I replied back "Yeah I pray on it and all God says to me is, Remember someone will learn from a heart felt testimony, I know what he wants but it's so hard". Patsy stays silent, silent enough to hear Jodie drop the phone because Dick walked in and started yelling; "It is 10:30 and you are on the phone. God Damn it Jodie!" Dick threw a bottle at the dock phone the phone cutting Patsy's connection. After Dad left I just layed in my bed, covered in broken glass and bourbon. I started to say "Where are you mom".