if you can't see the sign, wait for it

I ended up in the middle of nowhere. It was one of those dark nights where you can't even see your hands right in front of your own eyes. I was lost and without any idea of where to go. I knew I shouldn't have got out of bed today but, here I am.

Since I woke up this morning I heard my parents yelling at each other... again.

I don't have any siblings. My mom's pregnancy was so tough that she decided to not have more children. At first I was mad at her because I wanted brothers and sisters but now I realized that it has been one of her best decisions. So, I was alone, with two parents that were constantly fighting.

* Two hours ago*

Typical teenage party with typical drunk teenagers. I really wasn't a party girl but I thought that maybe if I came to one it would help me get my mind off of things. I was wrong.

Ready to walk out of here, I overheard this wanna be Barbie chick talking crap about me. It was Lorena Hill. I found it kind of funny how my name is always in her mouth.

"Honestly, I think it's pathetic that you waste your time talking about me. It just makes me more famous!" I said, crossing my arms on an attempt to imitate her.

She looked surprised. "You should mind your own business, freak." She replied with her god awful high-pitched voice.

"Well, unless there's another Megan around here, this is of my business."

"Oh my God, you have no right to talk to me like that." (She was starting to raise her voice, knowing that if she did, she'd be the center of attention.) "Who do you think you are?"

"Get lost, Lorena." I said as I walked away.

One second I'm trying to leave this party and the other I'm being thrown into a freezing cold pool.

Meanwhile everyone was laughing and everything started to spin round and round. I saw a helping hand and took it without even bothering to know who it was.

When I was finally helped out, I walked over to Lorena without any kind of hesitation and slapped her doll face. Knowing when it was all said and done, there would be consequences, then finally walked away.

Someone was following me but I didn't care to know who it was so I didn't pay him or her any attention. But then out of nowhere someone grabbed my arm.

"Hey!" He said, with his gray eyes wide open.

It was Marcus. Marcus Montgomery. One of the biggest man whores at my school.

"What do you want?" I shouted, still mad at myself because of the tears that were scrolling down my face.

I imagined he wouldn't know what to do next, so I avoided the awkward moment by just walking away again.

"Hey, hey, hey." he said to me, grabbing my arm once more. "I'm trying to help you."

Bullshit, he didn't want to help anyone but himself, I thought to myself.

"Let me take you home." He said drunk. I could tell not only because I can smell it in his breath but because he wanted to take me, Megan Rose, home. He must want something but maybe I should just play along for now, I thought to myself again.

"What could you possibly want from my life?" My clothes were soaking and it was starting to get really cold.

"Just to drive you home, please?" He took me in his hands; meanwhile I was struggling with the decision as to whether I should let this happen or not. He sat me down in his fancy sports car. But right when he was about to get in I took off.