Protective Pt.4

I checked myself in the mirror for the billionth time in this last anxious 15 minutes waiting for Cheryl to pick me up.

"Is the Toni Topaz anxious?" My brother teased from his room, which was joined with mine by a washroom. "Shut up." I growled, putting some hairspray on in an attempt to tame my hair.

"Toni's jealous! Toni's jealous!" Daniel continued teasing, prancing around his room. "Shut up, your only 13, you've never had a real date." I scoffed, throwing his slipper at him. "Cindy kissed me." He defended. "On the cheek, because you defended her from a bully." I grumbled. "So, she's still my girlfriend." He smiled. "Yeah, for popularity." I growled.

"Mom! Toni's being mean!" He yelled. "Am not!" I defended, scuffing him on the head. "She hit me!" He screamed. "I barely touched you!" I exclaimed.

"Both if you get over here!" My mom yelled from the living room. "Now look what you've done." I grumbled. "You started it!" He exclaimed.

"Dani, explain." My mom said first. "Toni was just getting ready for her date and she looked nervous, so I teased her, then she teased me about Cindy and I's relationship, saying it's not real. I called you saying she was being mean because she was, and she hit me on the head." Daniel explained triumphantly. "I barely touched you, my hand only touched your hair!" I defended.

"Ok, so both of you are guilty, what do you think should be the punishment?" She asked. "I'm not actually mad at him." I admitted. "Alright well, I'm letting both you off the hook for now, Daniel leave." She shooed him off.

"Date?" She asked, raising her eyebrows. "Whose supposed to be here in 5 minutes." I grumbled, avoiding her eyes. "Who's this boy." She asked, making a scandalous noise. "It's a girl, her name's Cheryl." I grumbled. "Cheryl Blossom?" My mom asked. "Yeah." I shrugged. "I hate her parents but if she makes you happy." She grumbled. "She and I hate her parents too, I think her brother as well." I explained. "Feel bad for them, but go, get ready for your date." She winked. "Thanks!" I ran upstairs, grabbing my shoulder bag and slipping my socks on before I heard a car honk. I ran downstairs and slipped on white converses and went out the door, yelling 'bye!' Into the house before slamming it shut and running into Cheryl's car, almost jumping right on her.

"Well hey there." She giggled. "Sorry, just rushing out before my brother could tease me and get us in trouble again." I grumbled, doing up my seatbelt. "Understandable." She muttered, driving off to the Bijou.

"What do you want?" She asked sweetly as we stepped into the movie theatre. "We could share a big popcorn? Probably the cheapest option." I suggested. "Ok, candy?" She asked. "I like any candy." I shrugged. "Okay." She smiled, getting our stuff and two drinks. Going to sit down in the theatre.

Our hands brushed a few times when we reached for popcorn, giving me butterflies each time.

Cheryl's perspective.
"S-so, did you enjoy the movie." I nervously asked Toni when we stepped outside, the cold evening air welcoming. "Yeah." She smiled. "I saw you get scared by the way, almost jumped into my lap a few times." I teased, finding confidence. "Just because I'm a serpent doesn't mean I can't get scared." She grumbled grumpily. "Can't imagine you in a fight." I teased further. "Somehow I manage to be one of the top female fighters in the Serpents still." She defended. "Hot." I muttered under my breath, hoping she won't hear.

"Like the badasses then?" She smirked, backing me up against the concrete of the wall. "No, just one badass in particular, who, in my opinion, is still an angel." I flirted, tapping her nose. "I think you're the only person I've let call me an Angel." She muttered. I noticed our faces becoming very close. "Hopefully it'll stay that way." I whispered. "Hopefully." She agreed. Keeping her face, to my disappointment, an inch away from my own.

"Fuck it." She breathed, pushing forward and kissing me. I panicked, I've never kissed anyone before, I've never had a date I've enjoyed before. Luckily, instinct took over and I found myself moving my lips against hers, it felt so natural, like our lips were made for each other, it felt really good too. Her tongue slipped against my bottom lip, I decided to let her in but was interrupted by a few what sounded like boys.

"Fags!" They yelled. Toni sighed and detached her lips from mine, I missed the feeling immediately. "Don't let them see me." I whispered. "Ok." She smiled, giving me her scarf. I put it on as well as my hood as she turned around.

I saw Reggie and a couple other bulldogs. "What'd you just say?" Toni yelled, taking angry struts towards them. "I said, your a faggot, a dyke." Reggie explained confidently. "And tell me why that's supposed to be an insult, other then the obvious that it's a bad slur for gay." Toni crossed her arms. "Because, it's two hot girls that could've been ours, wasting themselves on each other. It's also unnatural." Reggie shrugged. "First of all; unnatural my ass! There's been many cases of gay animals. Secondly; you don't think maybe girls aren't just hot for guys. You think girls aren't as important as guys." Toni challenged. "Well, that's not really what I said." Reggie grumbled. "Then please, tell me what you meant! Because my dumb dyke mind can't understand!" She yelled sarcastically, making fist and taking a step towards Reggie angrily. "What I meant was..uh... what about reproducing?" He changed the subject. "The worlds overrun with humans. Plus, all the orphans could make up for more than all the gay couples in the world. I should know." Toni shrugged. "How would you know?" Reggie challenged. "I'm not an idiot like you." Toni said simply. "I-" Reggie started.

"Now I suggest you shut up before you say something stupid and I ruin that pretty little face of yours." Toni cut him off in a threatening voice, Reggie gulped and backed up a bit. "C'mon then." She said, walking back to me and walking around to the back where I parked.

"Sorry about those dicks." I grumbled as she started the car. "Yeah, disappointing." She grumbled. "I've never been known to kiss on the first date but damn." I added, sending me a wink. "What?" I asked, worried she meant something bad. "You're a really good kisser, pretty hot too." She complimented, making my face surely go a stupid shade of crimson.

"N-not as hot as you." I finally found my voice, gripping the steering wheel tighter as my nerves got the better of me. "Wait, really?" I asked suddenly. "What?" She asked, a little startled. "You said I was a good kisser, but I've never kissed anyone like... that." I grumbled. "Really? Well it was a good kiss, until those assholes showed up." She smiled, grabbing my hand.

"Here you go." I huffed s we pulled up to her house. "Thanks you." She smiled, pausing for a moment. "I'd like to do this again." She whispered, kissing my cheek and sliding out of the car. Leaving me with a goofy blush and smile the whole drive home.

__________
To be continued...