Protective Pt.10

Cheryl's perspective.
"Cheryl." Alyssa pulled me aside. "Yeah?" I asked. "If you want to ask her about her dad that's probably okay. But don't be surprised if she doesn't answer. When I've tried she completely shuts down." She explained. Well now I'm curious. "Right, Okay." I smiled. "Let me know if you get anything out of her, If you ask her." She said. "Will do." I limped upstairs.

"Hey Ton- oh god sorry!" I covered my eyes as I walked in on her changing. "You've seen me naked before, recently." She giggled. "Well maybe your beautiful body intimidates me." I grumbled, uncovering my eyes when I heard her plop down on the bed. "Mm then you'll hate when I try out for the vixens." She smirked. "What?" I felt my face go pale. "Yeah, I decided I should do some extracurriculars since Riverdale high actually has them. The football team said I was too small but it's probably because I don't have a dick." She shrugged. "And I already joined Jug and Betty for the blue and gold as the photographer." She added. "Ooookay, but you don't get a free pass cuz your my girlfriend, you might even get harder treatment if you even make it in." I teased. "Harder treatment?" She repeats in a sexual tone. "Slow down horn dog." I laughed. "Now you want it Slow then?" She asked, rolling on top of me and kissing my neck. "As much as I want to not tonight." I grumbled, pushing her off lightly. "Aww Okay, my brother just left to one of his friends ya know." She whined. "Japan is attacking." I grumbled uncomfortably.

It took her a while to realize what I'm saying. "Oh, that's shitty." She made a face. "But what are you, a third grader? You could've just said you had your period. Or I would've understood something like Satan's waterfall." She grumbled. "That's a little dark." I muttered. "Eh." The shrugged, laying back down and putting her hands behind her head.

"That's just asking for it." I smiled. "For what?" She smirked, winking. "This!" I started tickling her sides. "Noooooooo!" She half screamed half giggled, flailing her arms and legs around. "Stop-aha-noooo!" She yelled, grabbing my hands and pinning them to the bed with her feet and turning us around, starting to tickle me. It gave me a tingling sensation and a little giggle but I wasn't really ticklish. "Not ticklish." I giggled evilly. "God dammit." She rolled off me.

"Hey Toni," I started more seriously. "Yeah babe?" She turned to face me, I did the same.  "Your mom said your dad got arrested for....... that. Did he.... do anything to you?" I asked. I saw her eyes water before she turned around, her back to me. "I'm going to sleep now." She said quietly. "I'm sorry if I upset you but you realize you've basically given me an answer and I'm sorry about that." I said, putting a hand on her back and stopping myself from cuddling her as I couldn't tell if she was mad. "I didn't give you an answer?" She said calmly, but I could hear the anger bubbling in her voice. You're playing with land mines Cheryl. Calm her down.

"You kinda did, but it's fine, I don't see you any differently, I'm sorry that happened." I rubbed her back.

"Just fuck off!" She snapped, taking a blanket and pillow and walking out of her room, slamming the door shut behind her.

"Fuck." What do I do?

Knock knock.

"Hey, I saw Toni storm off downstairs. What happened?" Alyssa pushed the door open with a laundry basket in hands. "I pushed her about it." I sighed. "Ah, curious?" She asked knowingly. "Uh, I guess Yeah." I grumbled. "I know you wouldn't hurt her on purpose. I could tell you what I know about it but it's not much. She always was screaming and running away from her father, I thought she was just being a typical 6 year old thou. She also never talked- that I know of, until last year." She explained. "But like the very end of last year,  before this August she didn't say much though." She added. "That would explain why she says some words improperly. Or like a 4 year old." I said, mostly to myself. "Like what." Alyssa asked. "Cwime, Kissmas, Cweem, asswoh." I giggled. "Oh god yeah i remember last 'kissmas'." She laughed. We laughed for a while.

"Do you want me to talk to Toni for you?" She asked after a while. "I'll give her her space, tell her I can go on the couch if she'd rather." I answered. "I think she'll be fine. Remember to keep a pillow under that leg." She patted my leg. "Yeah okay." I gave her a sad smile. "Let me know if you need anything." She smiled and walked away. I tucked myself in and immediately missed Toni's warmth.

Toni's perspective.
Okay so maybe I did want to go back up and cuddle with Cheryl the minute my back hit the couch. And maybe it was a little wrong of me to snap like that but who the hell is she to assume. Maybe I wanted to say I was wrong just to cuddle with her again but I'm not that weak. I can get thru one night, right?

"Toni?" I heard someone whisper in the dark of the living room. She caved first ha.

"Yeah?" I asked. Then my mom stepped into the light from the moon shining thru the window. Dammit. I'm not gonna get thru the damn night.

"Are you okay sweetie?" She asked, stroking my hair. "Kind of." I grumbled. "You know Cheryl's sorry." She reasoned. "I'm not going back upstairs until I hear that from her." I huffed. "Oh boy my stubborn child. You realize she thought you needed space right?" She questioned. "Mm, I'm not stubborn." I grumbled. "Sometimes I can't tell the difference between you and a pouty six year old." She giggled. "Shut up!" I shoved her lightly. "Your not losing anything if you go back upstairs you know." She reasoned. "My dignity." I grumbled, turning over to face the back of the couch instead. "Mhm, Okay well goodnight." She giggled, walking away.
_______
To be continued..

S'mores personality for Toni for y'all.

I am planning on doing another AU story but it be spoopy and supernatural and shit should I wait for October or nah?