Chapter 1 Best Friends

I woke up at 5:00 in the morning on a Monday to my phone ringing. It's Hayes.

"Hello" I say half asleep.

"Hey come outside" Hayes said.

"Alright" I say.

I get out of bed and put on my slides and meet Hayes outside.

It's Freezing.

"What do you want so early Hayes" I say as I sit down on the bench on my front porch.

"I couldn't sleep" he says sitting down next to me. "I'm nervous for the first day of school today"

"Oh" I say about to fall asleep.

Hayes started to talk but I fell asleep.

"Joe" I hear someone say but I fall back asleep.

"Joe wake up" I hear.

I open my eyes and see that I was sleeping on Hayes' shoulder. Why didn't he move me off of him?

Weird.

"It's 7:30 we have to get ready for school" Hayes says.

"Okay" I say.

I walk back inside my house as Hayes walks home to get ready.

His house is only a couple blocks away.

Hayes and I have been best friends sense preschool. He is a couple of Months older than me. Today is our first day of 8th grade.

I shower and then get dressed, eat breakfast, grab my backpack and leave my house and walk to the bus stop.

"Joe!" I hear someone say. I look behind me and see its Hayes walking to the bus stop.

"Hey Hayes" I say as he reaches the bus stop.

"Ready for the first day of school?" Hayes asked.

"Yeah. You?" I replied.

"Yeah" Hayes said.

That was the end of our conversation because all of Hayes' popular friends came over and started talking to him.

Hayes has been real popular sense he became famous on Vine.

The bus comes and I sit alone while Hayes sits with his other friends.

I thought this year was going to be different.