1.

"How do I look?" The brunette boy asked sheepishly, as he ran a hand through his hair unconsciously.

Aurora couldn't put into words how flawless he looked if she tried, and even if she could, she knew damn well that she'd never be able to tell her best friend how pretty his emerald eyes were, or how impeccably well his clothes seemed to hug his faintly muscular figure.

But regardless, Aurora didn't need to look at him to know how perfect he looked. She'd already spent a fair amount of time looking at him to know that the boy could pull off anything. Even a trash bag.

After realising she still hadn't given an answer to what should be a simple question, she tried to assemble a casual response

"You look...satisfactory."

So much for being casual.

"Satisfactory?" The word choice earned a rich chuckle from the figure leaning against the door frame. Aurora tucked her hands into her pockets and rolled her eyes, praying that the heat slowly warming her cheeks didn't turn into a visible blush.

"Oh, shut up, Sebastian. We're going to the movies with our friends, we're not visiting the Queen. I think you look fine." Aurora quickly followed afterwards. The gang had agreed to meet at Sebastian's house so his parents could drop them all off together at the cinema. Aurora was the first one to show up at his door.

Sebastian locked his gaze onto hers with a cheeky smile still plastered across his face. His powerful stare spoke a feeling that she could never decipher. This boy would be the death of her.

Aurora wasn't really sure of what she felt. Somewhere along the journey of their friendship, she developed a fondness for Sebastian. It was only recently when she noticed how different she was around him. How every time he walked in the room, she'd suddenly become more aware of her actions. How every time he sent her a text, butterflies would dance in the pit of her stomach.

Aurora had let this 'fondness' grow until she came to the sickening realisation that these were no ordinary feelings. She knew these feelings could potentially put her friendship with Sebastian in jeopardy. So, from that point onwards, it became her job to hide what she felt. It wasn't an easy job, either. Perilous words constantly threatened to pass her lips whenever they talked.

It's not like Aurora meant to fall in love with her best friend. A goofy, bird-loving, video-gaming weirdo just planted himself in her life, and she couldn't get rid of him because she cared about him. A lot. Maybe a little too much. But Sebastian cared about her just as much. They always looked out for each other, making sure the other wasn't undergoing a mental crisis. They were a team, and despite their not-so-long friendship of 6 months, Aurora felt as if they had been through everything together.

And so, as Aurora stared into his crystal green eyes, she felt content; like nothing could take away what their unbreakable bond held. Maybe, just maybe, a relationship with Sebastian wouldn't be as impossible as she thought.

Sebastian would always have Aurora, and Aurora would always have Sebastian. No one could separate them.

"Hey Sebby!" A voice from behind called. Aurora turned around to find a tall, thin girl in a patterned overall, eagerly walking towards the two.

"Scarlet! You came!" Sebastian gently pushed past Aurora to greet the blonde.

No one but her

Scarlet was a friend of Sebastian, and a new addition to the 'gang'. She was smart, generous and drop-dead gorgeous. Her blonde hair moved around her shoulders like liquid gold, and her thin physique seized the attention of every boy she passed. She treated everyone with nothing but kindness. Scarlet was the definition of perfect.

Aurora couldn't stand her.

Every time she heard her voice from the other side of the classroom, she'd roll her eyes and purse her lips. Her grudge against Scarlet seemed invisible to others, or so she thought.

But how could someone hold a grudge against one with such admirable qualities?

Well, Scarlet was secretly admired by many of her peers, and sadly, Sebastian just so happened to be one of them. The theory of whether or not Scarlet returned these feelings was yet to be proven. That's why Aurora despised her.

Because Sebastian liked Scarlet, not Aurora.

When Scarlet walked into Sebastian's life, she had unknowingly created a new rival. Aurora wasn't gonna go batshit crazy on her clueless foe, no, she wasn't that kind of person. Instead, she kept her loathing buried underneath a fake smile. Scarlet was nothing but a cold reminder that Sebastian may never be hers.

Sebastian would often fantasize about Scarlet to Aurora, and Aurora would just nod and listen, offering him her advice when he asked how to proceed with his feelings for the blonde. The situation was ironic (and sad, of course). Aurora had strong feelings for her brunette friend, and yet all she did was help push him further away.

The latter watched coldly as Scarlet intently stared at Sebastian before giving him a once over. She smiled at him, while subtly making as much physical contact as she casually could. All Aurora could do now was wait for the others to arrive and throw small awkward comments between their conversation. She fumbled with a loose string at the hem of her jumper

She sighed. This was going to be one hell of a movie.