Just an normal day in the life of Ashlyn Brooks.

Ashlyn's POV

I woke lazily to the sound of my alarm. Ugh.
"Be gone fowl beast!" I shouted into my pillow while attempting to hit it. I failed. I sighed and sat up. I hit my alarm and it stopped beeping.
"Oh, so now you wanna stop?" I snapped at it.
"Ash, my performance is on in five hours!" My dad shouted from the kitchen. "Start getting ready."
"Ok, Dad!" I shouted back. I sighed yet again. Damn, I am NOT a morning person.
I opened the doors to my closet. Sorry, I should say closet room. My dad being Denver Brooks and all, had bought me a whole room. Half of it was normal clothes, the other half was magician outfits. My dad was the world wide famous magician better known as 'the daring illusionist'. His illusions were the best on the planet. And dad expected me to follow in his foot steps.

I do love doing magic, don't get me wrong. But, it's all fake. I feel like somehow I'm lying to people. I mean, sure they know it's fake too. So why do they watch it? Plus, being stalked be paparazzi was annoying and I didn't have any friends aside from Piper McLean. At least her dad was a famous actor and she wasn't called a freak when people knew. When people found out who my dad was, they laughed. They were his fans but, teenagers can turn anything into an insult. I don't love a large closet that could literally be from barbie life in the dream house . I don't love getting up at 5am and setting up for hours on end. I hate makeup. I love pranks, tricks and magic. I wasn't popular at school. Or an athlete or a nerd. I wasn't a cheerleader or the class clown. I was Denver Brooks daughter. I was different and that is all people needed to hear.

I chose out a magicians outfit. It was quite simple. Black tail coat, white button up shirt, red bow tie, tall hat with a red ribbon around it, black mini skirt and black heels. I hated heels and mini skirts but, for some reason, all my outfits seemed to have at least one and I wasn't going to take actual time to choose out clothes. I quickly ate a slice of toast(with Nutella of course) and brushed my teeth and hair.

I looked in the mirror. I was remarkably pale, had dark, wavy hair and my eyes were an ocean blue. I somehow always had mischief burning in my eyes. Some would say I'm pretty. Other would say that I'm kinda scary like a vampire or some other monster.

"Ash, sweetie, we have to go!" Called Dad from the front door.
I quickly grabbed a black hand bag and filled it with snacks, a few magic tricks and a magic wand that Mum had left for me before she disappeared. I couldn't remember her at all but, I kept her wand with me at all times. I didn't pack my phone because I didn't have one. Dad was strict about gadgets. We only had one phone, for work and emergency calls. We only had one small TV. Weird, huh? He is rich!

I ran down the stairs to see my dad in an almost identical outfit. I mean... obviously he didn't have a mini skirt or heels. Ugh. The press would love it.

Dad smiled at me brightly and gave me a hug. "Lets go." He said cheerfully. And with that, we hopped in the back of a limo and were driven away.

If only I'd known my life was going to change and so was my home. Really quite soon.