Given To The Enemy

Kebechet

I woke up in a throne room type thing. At first I stayed still, not wanting to indicate my consciousness to the kidnapper.

"I know you're awake." The voice echoed through the room. I sat up and looked at the blonde man. "I am Zeus. I brought you both here to help the Egyptian gods understand the human heart. They seem to be having trouble with it."

With that Zeus turned away, not accepting protests, as a white haired man stepped out of the shadows. "Follow me." He grabbed May's wrist and dragged her after him not giving me much choice but to follow him. He led us to a library and stopped at a door to knock. "Anubis. Zeus brought extra humans. One needs to stay with you."

The door opened to a golden decorated room. "What humans?" I froze at the first mention of his name, but the tears started to fall at his voice. "That doesn't smell like human..." It scared me most when he paused. I kept myself from looking at him, but soon he had forced me to look at him. "Oh come on in and we'll talk it through, okay?"

I could only nod and follow behind him. I couldn't even bring myself to sit down without him giving permission. He filled a bowl up with some hot liquid and tried to get me to eat it, but I couldn't. I couldn't even force anything down just to satisfy him.

"Perhaps you just need some sleep." He showed me to a small bedroom that other than a few lamps on nightstands was left undecorated. "There are some night clothes and school uniforms in the closet. Please get some rest tonight. Thoth doesn't like people falling asleep during class." He kissed me on the head before leaving me to the room.

~'~'~'

A/N; Okay so in one of my other stories I have the main character understanding Anubis' language from the start. A reader was confused about this and pointed it out to me that I didn't mention it before. So I shall explain why Kebechet understands Anubis. If don't care please skip all the way to the end cause the story part of this chapter is over.

In Egyptian Mythology, Anubis is married to Anput, a female version of himself. Anput and Anubis speak the same unknown language that no one but Thoth can understand. Still in mythology, Anubis and Anput have a daughter, Kebechet. She is the goddess of embalming liquid.

In this story, Kebechet is the daughter of a love affair that Anput had when she was cheating on Anubis. Kebechet doesn't trust the gods because her mother abused her while she was young, because Anubis left Anput when he caught her red handed. Kebechet still understands Anubis' language because her mother spoke the same language.

Also I tried to write a panic attack scene without actually knowing what a panic attack is like.

So... More Kebbie and Anubis or should I start with May and Thoth?