Chapter 1 - Oh Shit

Ju was straight. Ju was so goddamn straight rulers looked upon him and quivered in fear, suddenly feeling inadequate when faced with such a pure display of utter straightness as which Ju was straight. Ju was as straight as a nun, promised to abstinence and never tempted by the sinners of the world. He was so not gay. He was so far from gay, you pick up a dictionary and look up homosexuality, go to the section for antonyms and you would find a picture of Ju. No gayness here, just pure heterosexuality as far as the eye could see.

Until Dylan had to go and fuck everything up that was.

"Ju! Check this out!" The familiar voice of his best friend had drawn Ju's attention from the super important Twitter scrolling he'd been preoccupied with, having nothing better to do during the unbearably long, 45 minutes of study hall he'd been so kindly granted than to drown himself in the endless depths of the internet. As a matter of fact, he'd made it three years back a favorite meme page's posts when Dylan's voice jolted him out of his transfixed monolog of Grumpy Cats and dead Vines, effectively losing his place as he startled upright and instinctively pressed his thumb down on the home button of his phone.

The Korean boy glared daggers into the familiar, icon-splattered view of his home screen for a long moment, vowing to change it from the image it currently was of the very bane of his existence that had just lost him hours of scrolling to something he liked far better, like himself. Finally though, Ju whipped around in his chair to face the disturbance, brooding glare already firmly set in place and lashing reprimand on the tip of his tongue, prepared to really let his annoying friend have it this time.

It all died a quick and painless death on his lips.

There was Dylan, looking the same as he always did, brown hair haphazardly styled in such a way that made the teen look perpetually as if he'd just rolled out of bed and huge, honey eyes as impossibly large and bambi-ish as they always were. The boy was wearing the exact same thing he always was, some oversized flannel that would imply the kid owned naught but hand-me-downs (He didn't. Ju knew he dressed like that on purpose) thrown over a band-t for a group the brunette had likely never listened to. Dylan had even donned the same torn up pair of Converse shoes he wore every day without fail, despite the fact that Ju practically begged his friend to get a new pair already as the shoes were literally holding themselves together by all of, like, two threads, even offering to buy them himself if that's what it took.

However, there was a new addition to the look and something twisted in Ju's gut that grimly informed him he better start researching all those labels people always used on Tumblr because fuck him...

Dylan had got his tongue pierced.

The brunette stood with his arms crossed over his chest, leaned forward so Ju could better see as the teen stuck his tongue out to display the new addition, giving his companion a full view of the piercing in all its glory. A small, metal ball sat centered in the middle of Dylan's pink tongue and was positioned a little further out towards the tip than the actual center. It caught the dim overhead lights of the hall and reflected the glow back brilliantly in a shining flash of radiance as Dylan moved to slip his tongue back into his mouth where it should belong - And should probably stay before Ju went into cardiac arrest.

Ju gulped. Poof! Went his heterosexuality. Where did that bitch go? Just YEETED the fuck up outta here....

"I've gotta get to Chemistry." The Korean boy excused himself immediately, shooting upright so quickly he actually knocked his chair over in his rush.

"You? Serious about class?" Dylan joked from somewhere behind him but Ju was absolutely intent on looking anywhere but at the brunette boy at the moment. Even as his friend moved forward to help the boy reright the toppled chair, Ju nearly squeezed his eyes shut to avoid laying his gaze on his companion before he stopped himself, realizing how absolutely obvious that would be before he instead opted to all but bolt out of the Study Hall, stubbornly ignoring the fact that that course of action was probably not anymore kosher.