Chapter 3

Last night was fun. I got to see my Aunty and hang out for hours. We got back late, well into the next day at 3 am and now I was waking up exremely tired. To make things worse, I had to be readyat 8am because Aunty was coming over to pick me up and spend the day Cara and I.

Yesterday she had said she wanted to spend the day shopping with her favourite teenage girl.

That teenage girl not being me.

Unfortunately, she likes Cara better than me. She hasn't admitted to it but Cara and I both have a feeling that Aunty like Cara better. Cara often teases me about it but just for fun because at the moment, it's just a rumor, so who cares right?

Anyways, here I am now, sat on my couch dressed in jeans and an Arctic Monkeys t-shirt on this fine April morning.

I heard the doorbell ring but made no attempt at getting up. I was still half asleep.

"HI MACK!" Aunty screamed as she walked into the house and pulled me up into the tightest hug I have ever been in.

"Hey" I said trying to hug her back but failing because she pinned my hands at my side when she pulled me into a hug.

"Are you ready to go?" she asked me.

"Yes, let's go get Cara." I told her pulling away from her and walking towards the doorway.

I grabbed my keys, wallet and lip balm from the table and put my shoes on.

Once I got my shoes on, we headed out the door saying our good-byes to my parents.

Aunty had rented a silver Honda to drive around in while she stayed in Seattle.

She unlocked the car and together we got in driving off to pick up Cara.

"Hey guys!" I heard Cara say to us as she entered the car fifteen minutes later.

I don't understand how she can be so loud at this hour. Oh wait, never mind. She's not the one who went to bed at 3am.

"Hi." I said groggily as I sat up to greet her.

"Wow, someone's tired." Cara responded.

"Don't worry because once we start shopping you'll be wide awake Mack." Aunty told me.

"Mhmm" That was all I could say as I leaned on the car door waiting for our day to be over.

Twenty minutes later we arrived at our first stop. A strip mall containing little shops and boutiques on the west side of Seattle.

"Let's go have some fun girls!" Aunty said with excitement.

Aunty parked the car and we all got out heading to the first shop in sight.

This shop had been a little souvenir shop so Cara and I didn't really do much considering we don't need souvenirs from a place we live in.

Aunty, on the other hand, wanted to buy out the whole shop. Not literally.

We had to remind her we had plenty shops to go to still.

In the end, she ended up with a small key chain and a sweater saying 'I ❤️ Seattle'.

"Okay so where to next girls?" Aunty asked Cara and I.

That strip mall didn't have the best of shops so we decided to completely avoid it altogether.

I mean I don't know about you, but I sure didn't agree to this shopping trip just to buy carpet and furniture.

"Let's go to the mall. It's a forty minute drive from here to Central Seattle. It's quite a big mall I think you'll enjoy the many shops there." Cara replied.