Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Ralph’s Pov

When we got out of the station we saw Lyra there waiting for us. We wasted no time in getting there. Mister Ingo and Mister Emmet introduced themselves like usual before continuing to our main topic. I excused myself since I already knew about it. Luckily, they allowed me to leave.

I went to pick up Castor from the Clinic so I could bring him back home. Apparently, Castor allowed me to live with him so now I live in his house. Anyway, when I got home I brought him upstairs and put him at the bottom bed of our newly installed bunk bed.

I then dragged a chair from our room and placed it right next to his bed and I sat down on it. I looked at Castor with a sad look as he slept peacefully on the bed.

“What exactly is happening to you, Castor?” I muttered softly

~Flashback~ (Italics-flashback, Bold Italics-Thoughts)

Suddenly, Castor collapsed as fear and panic coursed through my body.

“C-CASTOR!” I shouted, catching the attention of Ingo and Emmet

“What happened here?” Ingo asked as he and Emmet rushed to my side

“C-Castor, h-h-he” I said in panic

“Calm down, just tell us what happened” Ingo said as I slowly started to calm down but I couldn’t bring myself to talk.

“Tsk. Emmet I want you to call the clinic and ask if they’re still open” Ingo commanded

“Sure, thing big brother Ingo” Emmet replied as he brought out a white cellphone and dialed the number of the clinic.

‘h-hang in there, Castor’ I thought as I looked at Castor’s unconscious figure.

After awhile, of waiting me, Ingo and Emmet brought Castor to the clinic. To our relief he was fine.

The next day, I asked Castor about yesterday and he said that his memory of yesterday’s incident was very hazy so I decided not to talk about it anymore. But, I can’t help but feel that Castor is hiding something from me.

~End of Flashback~

Lyra’s Pov

“Apparently, we are not sure of Castor’s condition ourselves, not even Ralph. We don’t even know how this even happened; neither do we know what or who is causing it. We’re very sorry that we are not well informed on this certain topic, Ms. Lyra” Ingo said as he lowered his hat causing it to cover his eyes.

“N-no, it’s okay. It’s not your fault” I said

“Oh, I do apologize for my sudden action. But I’m afraid this is all we can tell you” Ingo said as I sighed.

“Its okay, Mister Ingo.” I said as I noticed that it was getting dark “Hey, don’t you think we should get going? It’s starting to get dark” I said as I looked at Ingo

“Why yes, we should.” Ingo muttered “Well, farewell, Ms. Lyra. Let’s go, Emmet” Ingo said only to receive total silence

“Emmet?” Ingo said as we both looked to our sides “Emmet-” Ingo was cut off at the sight before him. And his eyes widen in shock.

Ralph’s Pov

After awhile of pure silence, Castor’s eyes fluttered open as I looked at him with a smile

“Yo, dude” I greeted as Castor slowly sat up, “Whoa, there buddy. Take it nice and easy” I said as I helped Castor sit up

“R-Ralph, w-where am I?” Castor asked as he blinked

“In your house, silly” I said with a small smile

“Oh, well. Can I like get something to eat, I’m sort of hungry” Castor said as he tried to stand up

“H-hey, its okay I’ll get it for you” I said as Castor gently shoved me

“Nah, its fine. I’ll get it. But you can keep me company” Castor said with a smile as I helped him stand up.

Suddenly a huge banging sound made its way to our ears as Castor looked at me.

“Maybe we should open the door to see who needs our sudden company” Castor said as I nodded.

We then headed downstairs to see who was at our door. Upon reaching the door we opened it only to see a tired Lyra and Ingo.

“M-Mister Ingo and Ms. Lyra, what are you doing here?” Castor asked in shock

“Castor, Ralph, need help please” Lyra said desperately.

“W-why, what’s wrong? Did something happen? And where’s Emmet?” I asked

“E-Emmet is…!” Lyra said

“Emmet is what?!” I asked, desperately wanting to know what had happen

Suddenly, it felt like the entire world slowed down as Ingo said what had happened to Emmet.

“What?!” I shouted and without a seconds thought I dashed out of the house with the rest following behind me.

Emmet was missing…

~END OF CHAPTER~